First Project. mjolnir mk vi helmet (pics) (W.I.P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Boombas

Hi this is my first project which is the mk vi helmet, i only have one picture because... well i haven't done much. i have been working on it for a week but beause of school commitments all i have done is cutting out all pieces completely. i have also gone over the fold lines in pen, red for the fold up lines and blue for the fold down lines. the reason why i did this was so that it was easier to tell the difference and because the pen mark will make it easier to fold because i'm using card stock. i am going to start folding and i will keep you updated.
- Cam

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 187
Hi this is my first project which is the mk vi helmet, i only have one picture because... well i haven't done much. i have been working on it for a week but beause of school commitments all i have done is cutting out all pieces completely. i have also gone over the fold lines in pen, red for the fold up lines and blue for the fold down lines. the reason why i did this was so that it was easier to tell the difference and because the pen mark will make it easier to fold because i'm using card stock. i am going to start folding and i will keep you updated.
- Cam

Nice I do the same thing and it is a tedious process but so worth it from what i have seen so far in my progress. Good luck on the next steps.

Thanks but folding seems to be hard as i'm very cautious to ripping plus for some of these pieces they don't look right but that may be because nothings glued on. Oh yeah i am also using the pep file by ROBOGENESIS, which can be found in the 405th pep database in the helmet section of the halo 3 section

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG photo 4.JPG Update on my helmet. i have folded the pieces and i believe i am ready for gluing, but i am unsure if there is a right way to fold, like i know there are 2 types of folds but do i just fold up or down and thats it or is there a way to fold. i hope that its just the way that you glue it so if someone is able to help that would help before i start gluing.

Im also new at this, but I do understand how to do this. When you fold, the lines are either dashed or dashed with a dot. Dashed lines are mountan folds which look like this when you fold them ^ ,a valley fold when you look at it will be a V. Another tip would be to not cut out all the pieces out . It judt gets confusing. Look at the pepakura and looks at which area you want to work on and see what pieces you need. Cut those and glue them and move on. Hope this helped!

Yeah you helped, it just... Well I think it didn't look right so yeah maybe it's because it need to put it together. I will update regularly as I will work on this everyday for at lease an hour

Use your 3d model as reference. This helps you study the peice you are working on. Also organize groups of pieces together example visor, top, bottom, back and lid. It keeps you from looking for the next piece for ever. Pay attention to how the folds stitch together and don't get distracted by future numbers. The parts will often have contours and some folds are not 90%. As you glue I would recommend top to bottom and take your time. This is the most important part.

Looking good so far.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

This is what I'm hoping to start working on in the next couple of days. I'm really looking forward to it!

Everything looks great right know. When folding I personally took the metal strip out of a ruler and folded on that. To stay more organized with your pieces, keep your print out in order from the first to last page. Have pepakura open while you build. Determine the pieces you will need from what pages to continue your build. Have a fast drying glue when you start gluing. I personally like the gel superglue (Find this at the dollar store in two packs). The gel doesn't run that bad and when applied thin will dry almost on contact with both pieces of paper.

Well I hope to have helped in some way.
Keep on building spartan!

ok so i'm stuck. i have been busy so sorry for not posting but i'm doing the visor gluing and i've glued it up but when i do the part at the top of the helmet that sticks out it seems to go backwards in order for the numbers to line up. do i just ignore the numbers or follow them even if i don't think it looks right?

ok so actual update now. i have started gluing my pep work together. first i started on the visor and this is what it looks like right now.
photo 1.JPG

I have also done work on the back and this is what that looks like
photo 2.JPG

Let me know what you think, personally i'm not 100% sure on the front but i will keep you guys updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back