Canadian Regiment(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN II

Sr Member
Hey all,

Long-time member, not-so-recent visitor. Just came back to the 405th not too long ago to find a lot of changes, caught myself up on who's now running this always-wonderful community and what's been tweaked.

I gotta say, I'm liking what I see so far. Been a member of Art's RPF (Replica Prop Forums) for years, and he's got that place running pretty smoothly. Looking forward to seeing the same here.

Anyway, one of the more noteable changes I saw was the creation of regional regiments. I think that's a great idea, as all I've seen are US-based I was wondering if there were any plans to put a Canadian regiment in place?

I fully realize the majority of the membership here resides in the US, and so the number of Canadian members would be significantly less, but I thought I'd put the idea out there for consideration :cool

EDIT: To further clarify, I figure it could be broken down into about half a dozen regions: Northwest (Yukon), Northern (Northwest Territories, Nunavut), Pacific (British Columbia) Midwest (Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba), Eastern (Ontario, Quebec) and Atlantic (Newfoundland/Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick). Or something similar to that, like how the US regiments are divided up.

SPARTAN II, because of the extreme number of members you have mentioned, we are going to work on getting them added, little by little. However, if you can also work on a "add these people immediately" list, that would make things a lot easier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The "add these people immediately" list would be what I posted in Post #17, so you can start with that. Thanks guys :)

Upvote 0
This is exciting!

I'm from Toronto, Canada. Unfortunately I cannot post to the Canadian Regiment section (not sure if its due to n00b post count or just error).

Upvote 0
Alright, added you to the list in Post #17 back on the first page. I'll be sure to update the active members list in the Canadian Regiment sub-forum. Forgot to mention I'd also added TheCaptainBacon to the list.

You wouldn't be able to post to the Canadian Regiment sub-forum yet as you don't have the minimum required number of posts to move beyond "New Recruit" status and access other areas of the site. You should be able to view everything there, though.

EDIT: Found out that with the way the regimental sub-forums are set up one can't post in any unless they're an actual member of that regiment. The way to go about doing that is to contact whoever is in charge of the regiment (which would be me, at the moment), who then passes that member's info on to Walter (Spase) who makes the necessary changes so that member is made part of the regiment and can then post in that regiment's sub-forum.

Upvote 0
Well, well. Looks like things are changing around here. I have stepped back from the 405th in the last couple years, mostly due to certain 'attitudes' from more prominent members.

Anyway, more than 5 years ago, I created the 7th TEF: Snowburner Squad, based in Alberta. Over the years, I have met many Halo costumers and fans, but only extended invites to the group to those with quality armour. Not trying to be snobish, but I was aiming to form the premier costuming group for the Alberta region (as an official member of the Rebel Legion, Mando Mercs, 501st Legion, RL:Knights of the Jedi Order, I have experience with strict costume CRLs). I have also extended special invites to a couple people outside the province but make the long trip to Alberta for at least one convention a year. The first was Kevin Hickman (Longshot).

I regularly coordinate "offical events" (game releases), and "unofficial events" such as photoshoots. During some of these "unofficial" events, I have also invited any and all Halo costumers that I or other members, know or have met recently.

I admin our public FB page, and our private FB page. I have also created and maintained a Google page for the Snowburners (though it needs more updating for the last few months), as most things just get posted to the FB page. I have also created a Gears of War group, and am the second in command of Hett'ciri Clan (official Mando Mercs for Alberta).

Most (if not all) of the Snowburners are 405th members, but like me, have stepped away from the 405th for many of the same reasons. I do still recommend the 405th to all Halo fans and new Halo costumers I meet at conventions or on the street (due to the decals on my car and/pr the patches on my jacket).

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what happens around here in terms of "official" groups/regiments.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back