MandoMan531's ODST Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small update, I used the gray plastidip on the side plates and painted the center plate matte black to see how it looked. Kinda digging it! Pic up later.
i also finished a second buckle, but it's slightly off from the first so I'm going to use that one on the back!

I think I've also decided that as part of my characters story, he will be part of an elite 3 man team working with NavalSpecialWarfare and running "black" missions for the Office of Naval Intelligence. So that will be reflected in the various markings on the suit.

This is a great looking build. Love the amount of detail.
Thanks!

null_zps77161f10.jpg

Attachments

• null_zps77161f10.jpg
    null_zps77161f10.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 105
Looks good
i do have a question though. Is the middle plate and the side plates separate pieces? Looks like that is the case for the right one in the picture. If so, what made you decide to go that route?

Yea they're separate pieces. They will be joined in a way. I just wanted to do a different material on those so they're separate

First shoulder strap is attached! This is the one that opens with Velcro so i can get in and out of the vest.

null_zps193969dd.jpg

null_zps80912d27.jpg

Attachments

• null_zps193969dd.jpg
    null_zps193969dd.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 115
  • null_zps80912d27.jpg
    null_zps80912d27.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 114
Wow. I really mean wow. That is one holy detailed work of ODST armor so far. Keep plugging along man it is looking hot.

Started resining the right gauntlet and hip plate today! Destiny has been slowin down my workflow!

null_zps13d7d6c5.jpg

Attachments

• null_zps13d7d6c5.jpg
    null_zps13d7d6c5.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 122
Same here I can relate to that. That torso looks like a luxury car interior. Awesome work!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Yea unfortunately I don't think I'll be ready for NYCC. Between the rest of the stuff I need I don't think I'll meet the deadline. Oh well, still workin away!

Quick question: how do you attach the different fabrics to the foam? The side chest pieces look like they've gone pretty hard. Are they varnished, or is it just the paint that makes it look like that?

Just wanted to let everyone know this isn't dead! I've been crazy busy moving into a new place but thankfully I got a room for a workshop so all this stuff will be much much easier! Updates are coming!

Quick question: how do you attach the different fabrics to the foam? The side chest pieces look like they've gone pretty hard. Are they varnished, or is it just the paint that makes it look like that?

Missed this question. I used a variety of things...Super77, Trim adhesive, contact adhesive, etc. The chest pieces are pretty firm, not "hard" per say as I can still press my finger into it but they don't bend much anymore. Once I shaped them I filled the backs with a bit of 2 part rigid foam, which I'm regretting a bit haha.

This looks really Great! What made you want to have these pieces look like cloth instead of metal? It looks great, but i was just wondering if there was a big reason behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back