Gallery Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
In the next week or so, you are going to see a Gallery feature go up... and you MIGHT even be able to post into it... but know that we are JUST TESTING this feature at the moment and don't know if we are going to keep it or not. We are just testing to see if it will serve the needs of the community or not. So... know in advance that you may or may not be able to upload to it and know that anything you do upload might get deleted during our testing phase.

Would this gallery be what the polaroid icon on the "member ID card" is meant to link to? Certainly would be useful for members to upload a quick overview of their projects, either completed or WIP, so that others interested in their work don't have to search through the forums and dig up and browse through every build thread that person's ever had. Not to mention offering a quick solution to the "how do I find an image hosting site" dilemma that often plagues new recruits.

Upvote 0
Would this gallery be what the polaroid icon on the "member ID card" is meant to link to? Certainly would be useful for members to upload a quick overview of their projects, either completed or WIP, so that others interested in their work don't have to search through the forums and dig up and browse through every build thread that person's ever had. Not to mention offering a quick solution to the "how do I find an image hosting site" dilemma that often plagues new recruits.

Unlikely. The link in your postbit is to YOUR personal Album (which is capable of supporting everything you just suggested). I think most members didn't even realize this was an option but EVERY member has the ability to upload photos to their own personal albums.

The gallery is more likely to be for reference purposes like you see at the Dented Helmet Gallery:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/

Upvote 0
Ah. So more of a place where members can upload/submit for review reference images for the sake of giving the modelers one on-site pool of material to work from rather than having to hunt down or post requests for references?

Upvote 0
I just found this option yesterday, and I uploaded an album of a bunch of game ready models I made.

I didn't know it was in a testing stage. But it all works fine for me!

I must be one of the few people that actually used it so far, because I can't find anyone else with an album.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back