Got a few questions, its been a while but im back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamills

Ok so I have a plan to work on some new helmets soon and/or eventually and one question I have is regarding the Halo reach E,O.D. helmet not sure if anyone knows the answer to this or not, But since the "jaw" of this helmet has such a steep slant, when I resize this does the Height measure from the lowest point of the helmet to the top as illustrated in this picture?
Height 1.jpg

or Does it measure if the helmet were to be sitting on a table and measure from the "head hole" to the top as illustrated in this picture?
Height 2.jpg

Just trying to save my self some time and materials, since after I resized it I want to say the default size height was 290mm but once I entered my measurements it dropped down to 247mm which seems a bit odd as I am 6'1" and usually when I rescale I am left with a higher number compared to the default.

The second question I have for now is I have been watching several videos of the vacuum forming of special shaped visors such as the Pilot visor, and the ODST visor, the question I have regarding this is; Is there a special already "tinted" plexiglass similar to motorcycle visors that comes in a square sheet, or is there some kind of spray on tint used other that "smoke" tint, I seen in one video they used Nite-shades an autobody spray tint for tail lights or something. I will use something similar to it I just wasn't impressed with how it seemed "splotchy" when viewed from the inside, as if it wasn't an even coat.

Well I suppose that's it for now, I might post up some WIP pics as I get to those phases, Thanks again!

To my knowledge, the scaling would work according to the first image, uppermost point to lowermost point. This is why I usually make use of the "measure distance between points" tool to measure the width of the neck hole (front to back usually has plenty enough space, it's the sides that usually get caught, especially with my glasses). I then adjust the width of the model according to the difference between the width of my head and the measurement taken from across the widest point on the neck hole. From there it's basically a rough guesstimate to see how the height and depth would fit around my head. If it seems like it might be snug, I'll bump it up a little. If it seems like it might be too loose, well that's what padding is for. Can't really shrink it down any more without having to cut the neck hole wider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back