Help with helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrael

I have read a lot on sizing, and still cannot for the life of me figure out how big the helmet should be. I do have some specifications though...

1) I will be wiring a few things inside, so I need a little spare room on the inside, for instance: hearing protection, fans, etc...
2) I need the plans to print on 8.5x11 paper

I have tried re-sizing the model in pep viewer, but when I get it to the right spec (i think? it's hard for me to tell...) some parts won't fit on paper.

Few facts:
my head circumference is 58 cm
this is the file I am using: http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=49

can anyone help? I know how to easily size forearm and such, but the helmet is difficult for me.

I have also tried to find a reliable way to make a visor with a gold one way film, but I don't know how people on here do it. I need it to be able to take a hit from sayyy an airsoft gun.

For starters, you can NOT scale anything in pepakura viewer. You need pepakura DESIGNER. Keep in mind that unless you pay for a key code, you can NOT save your work so it might be a good idea to write your numbers down for future reference.

Secondly, you do NOT measure the circumference of your head. You measure from TOP to the BOTTOM of your chin. Check out this thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial and you can also check out this site: http://halogoddess.weebly.com/scale-your-armor-in-pepakura.html Hopefully those will help. :)

As for the visors, people normally purchase a motorcycle visor and trim it to fit in the helmets.

my apologies, I do have designer, and I will take a look at the sites, thanks you! I'm sure I'll have more questions later.

While I like using the height method as well, some people also like going by the width of their heads. The neat thing with designer is that it'll auto scale proper height to match width or width to match height.
Stony props also has that visor film now that is supposed to work fairly well. It might be a little easier than trimming down a motorcycle visor.

While I like using the height method as well, some people also like going by the width of their heads. The neat thing with designer is that it'll auto scale proper height to match width or width to match height.
Stony props also has that visor film now that is supposed to work fairly well. It might be a little easier than trimming down a motorcycle visor.

I can't seem to find a stony props visor you are talking about, only facebook groups, and other charity things.

Are you familiar with the "measure between 2 points" function on pep designer? That was a huge help for me when scaling.

I am, it just seems that the opening on the helmet is small compared to my head. I'm going to try making a helmet according to halo goddess. I hope it works out :p

I am, it just seems that the opening on the helmet is small compared to my head. I'm going to try making a helmet according to halo goddess. I hope it works out :p

Use the measure between two points to make sure your head fits through the opening. I found that once I had made the opening large enough, the rest of the helmet had proportioned itself out too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back