a unique oppurtunity for a suit builder..DC Sci-Fi Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcass01

Okay Gang, I have a unique opportunity for one lucky suit builder to have their suit of armor displayed at the Architectural Awards Ceremony and Private Reception for the new Washington DC Sci-Fi Museum to be held in Washington DC. on September 25 at 6:00pm. The Executive Director of the Sci-Fi Museum, Greg Viggiano, has tasked me with finding a fan built suit for display. This will include your attendance to this "invitation only" event.
The suit must be a complete, high quality suit which can be mounted on a mannequin for the event. (you may bring your own stand) You will get a chance to talk with investors, board members, and attendees and answer questions about how you built it, etc.
Like you have to twist our arms to do that...
If you are interested and live in the VA/DC/MD area message me with 12 or more pictures of your suit with close ups and your contact information.
I will be reviewing them with the Director of the Sci-Fi Museum next Friday for approvals.
http://www.museumofsciencefiction.org/

thanks,
Tom Cass

Well this is interesting!

I think it would be better if someone actually wore it, instead of mounting it. But thats just my opinion.

Really make me wish I had a suit built.

^ +1 because often these suits are slightly modified so that people can actually wear them instead of just mounting them on a mannequin.

- Gray

In this case we wanted the builder to be able to wander and mingle freely and answer questions about their build unimpeded by the suit. To show the "fan" side of the Sci-Fi world. The last event was an art exhibit with a wandering C3PO and R2D2. it was great photo op time. it's amazing how many investors know nothing about Sci-Fi.

In this case we wanted the builder to be able to wander and mingle freely and answer questions about their build unimpeded by the suit. To show the "fan" side of the Sci-Fi world. The last event was an art exhibit with a wandering C3PO and R2D2. it was great photo op time. it's amazing how many investors know nothing about Sci-Fi.

I can definitely understand that.

- Gray

Guys, I am going to post a link to this thread in the Colonial regiment's forums. We might be able to get some more exposure for you there.

If nobody else is willing to do this, and my heavily modified ruby suit is allowed, I'd be happy to drive down there and do this.
I have a mannequin it could be mounted on too, but I wouldn't mind wearing it the whole time, I do have a speaker/pa system installed for being able to talk to people.
I'm also used to talking to business people as I work in the engineering industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back