York Freelancer RvB Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so I'm starting my first se of armor and I'm doing it based off of the freelancer agent York from RvB (Red vs Blue) for those who don't know. Now I'm still preping for it but I'd like to get a physical figure just for reference does anyone have suggestions on a specific one that is good for this. I'm using pepakura and doing the aqua resin and fiber glass technique. Thanks, Castro :)

So in preparation, I'm using the halo encyclopedia it gives some really good close ups and details for the armor itself

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 197
Does anyone know what color specifically Yorks armor is I think it's a tan color but if anyone thinks different please let me know

Try this for Yorks primary color:

af2e7eba-212d-4a85-a562-7c3e800d3485_400.jpg

Also either a white or ivory color spray paint for Yorks secondary color. Hope I could help!

Thanks I was actually looking to see what was the best

- - - Updated - - -

Anything important for my fist build. I'm using pepakura btw

1- Cardstock (Do NOT use printing paper!!!)
2- Hot glue
3- Scale your files to fit you! you will need to have the paid for version of designer ( you can get a code just by searching on Google, that's how it got it :D)
4- Look up tutorials on YouTube
5- Brace your peps or they will warp when you resin (pop sickle sticks work best)
6- Do NOT cover pieces with bondo and mean like just smeer it all over you will lose ALL detail (its made to be applied in layers)
7- Don't use cheap spray paint spend the extra buck or two
8- Take your time!!! (Rushing= Junk)
9- Use fibreglass cloth not Rondo (Rondo is heavy and cracks)
10- Do NOT do any resin work over dirt, sand, ect. (I've had pieces fall in dirt mixed with sand and their a pain to fix)
11- If your ever confused with any just ask but ask it in YOUR build thread
12- Never mix bondo hot (a lot of hardener) you need time to work and shape it
13- GET A GOOD RESPIRATOR fiber glass resin can KILL you
14- Make you peps good it saves time

And that's all I can that of any other questions like I said just ask :D

Thank you that's very helpful to know. I'm really like wanting to get stuff right or as good as possible on the first try so I tend to ask a lot of questions.

Aqua resin is safer than fiberglass resin, but its harder to get and way more expensive. I think fiberglass resin is also stronger, but I could be wrong about that.

Aqua resin is safer than fiberglass resin, but its harder to get and way more expensive. I think fiberglass resin is also stronger, but I could be wrong about that.

I cracked my fiberglass resin because it's very critical when mixing. I have yet to have cracked any of my Aqua Resin helmets. My son's first one went flying in the air over ten feet onto concrete and not a single crack. It's all in how you use your materials and tools. Anything can be done incorrectly. You should practice on something small. Get test kits from each method you want to learn and grow from that. I still use every method for building available in anything I do because I believe in using whatever is best for me in the specific piece I'm building.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Thank you i think ill use aqua resin but where can i get it.

Update:
Im scaling the files now and am soon gonna print within te day

Update:
So I'm still working with the helmet as much as I can and also setting up my work space but I also have been wondering ya know I need a gun so I thought let's just do the magnum but when I printed it the numbers at all jumbled together so I can't read them. So what's the best way to make a magnum/ other gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back