Wanting to make my first build, Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper77

Hello. i'm new here, i've always wanted to make a suit of armor but never had the money or means but i do now an want to get started. I already have the Pepakura viewer on my computer and all, i just need to know where to find the files to download the armor blueprints, I also need to know what kind of materials i will need to make the armor and how to make it. Much help is appreciated. if anyone is wondering i am wanting to build an ODST Suit of armor. i figured it'd be a nice first build. Thank you for reading.

Welcome to the 405th! If you want to scale the armor to you you will need pepakura designer. Its free but you wont be able to save your progress without buying a code. Most of the files can be found here. Personally I prefer foam to make my armor. You can use pepakura and fiberglass, but I think foam is easier. I am doing a foam ODST right now so I've unfolded the files for foam usage. If you'd like I can help with any questions you may have and share the files if you are going the foam route.

Good luck!

The two methods, foam and fiberglass, have their own advantages/disadvantages and will greatly depend on your own ability with each. I've done foam and didn't really enjoy it so I'm on pep/fiberglass now. Foam is less expensive, takes less time, and more comfortable, but requires a lot more effort and practice to make it look really good. Pep/Fiberglass is more expensive, requires more time, and is heavier but I feel it takes less skill to look good. This of course is my opinion.

If you are on a budget/time constraint, I'd say go foam. If you have all the time in the world, aren't too concerned with finances, try out pep/fiberglass.

The number one thing you can do for any project is do your homework. Read up on both techniques, check out some other builds people are doing, and prepare yourself for the project. It won't be easy, it won't be painless, you will make mistakes, but you will see yourself get better with your ability and the reward is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back