So what to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectreX123

What type of glue is good to use for the pepakura part and can I find all the other stuff I need at Ace hardware or home depot?

Personally, I use Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky glue. I get it at Michaels, but I think I've seen it at Wal-mart before. You can find a lot of the stuff you need at Home Depot, and I recommend you get your respirator there. Just make sure it's an Organic Vapor respirator. They're the ones in the tool section, not the paint section. You'll also be able to find a metric butt-ton of tools, files and rasps that can come in later for detailing, as well as PVC piping or lumber to support your pep pieces while you resin.

For fiberglass, resin, bondo and all their associated catalysts, you can find them at Wal-mart in the Automotive section or in Home Depot, however, you'll find more and a wider selection if you go to an automotive store like Autozone.

I also recommend grabbing some paint stirrers out of Home Depot and popsicle sticks from anywhere for reinforcing your pep pieces. It's a cheap and sturdy solution that'll prevent a lot of warping and headache on your project.

I personally use hot glue. I find Tacky glue to be tedious, although with hot glue it dries faster so you have less time to line up your piece...

Loctite professional super glue. It's fast!

7ujy2eda.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 7ujy2eda.jpg
    7ujy2eda.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 101
I'm with Colbs. Plain old Elmer's Glue-all (A.K.A. "white glue"). It's simple, easy to clean, gives you time to make adjustments to get things lined up, and it's cheaper than pretty much every other glue out there.

As for the resin, bondo, and fiberglass cloth/mat for the hardening and reinforcing stages, you might find them at a hardware store, you will almost definitely find them at an automotive store, and you're very likely to find them at Walmart or other department stores in the automotive section. Pretty much the same for primer and paint.

But for future reference, this is the kind of question that should be asked in one of the "Help" threads, such as "Help for Pepakura" or "Help for Misc." rather than starting a new thread just to ask a question. Keeps the forums less cluttered and more organized that way, so people don't have to scroll through page after page of "one liner" threads to find things like builds, models, and tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back