My H3 ODST Build - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber Blah

I've been making armor for a couple years now, just getting around to posting a full WIP project. I've always loved the look and aesthetic feel of the H3:ODST armor and wanted to make my own, with a few personal alterations. Little did I realize when I started this that this build would actually require MORE time/effort/aggravation/etc/etc than Mk. VI builds or even my Skyrim Daedric armor build. With all that being said I'm happy with how things are turning out, and, for your viewing pleasure, PICS!

Rookie helmet (Side vents to be added when I start fiberglassing)
ODST_Helmet.jpg

Decided to go with the full-coverage torso piece for this build, mainly as a solid anchor point for the backpack & chest armor. Will probably turn this into a clamshell during fiberglassing so I can actually get the thing on.
ODST_Torso_Front.jpg

Rear view of torso
ODST_Torso_Rear.jpg

All the chest doohickies. Haven't decided if I want to conjoin all these to each other or not yet.
ODST_Chest.jpg

Tailbone pieces
ODST_Buttpacks.jpg

One standard ODST shoulder for the right...
ODST_Shoulder_Standard.jpg

And one sniper shoulder for the left; might switch this one for the CQB one Mickey wears.
ODST_Shoulder_Sniper.jpg

Forearms
ODST_Forearms_1.jpg

Front view of the thighs
ODST_Thigh_Front.jpg

Side view
ODST_Thigh_Front_2.jpg

Knees
ODST_Knees.jpg

WETA Shins from the front..
ODST_Shin_Front.jpg

..and the side.
ODST_Shin_Side.jpg

Last but not least, the Dutch backpack.
ODST_Dutch_Backpack.jpg

That's it for now folks. I'm hoping to at least get most of this stuff through an outer coating of resin before the weather gets ugly here. Also have the M6C pistol and a H4 Battle Rifle (both from sliced patterns) that are WIPs, will have more pics here shortly.

For all the armor components something like 4 months. Kept running into sizing issues, or halfway through making something I'd decide I like another pattern or a different version and start again :(

nothing wrong with wanting different patterns or anything. Its your build, make it the way you want :)
I think everything is looking great though

Not much of an update but it's something. Kinda changed gears after fiberglassing on Saturday, decided to bust out my pep'd Daedric armor pieces; wanted a completed costume in time for Halloween, and there's less pieces to complete.

Chestplate, front
ODST_Chest_Glassed.jpg

Inside o' chestplate
ODST_Chest_Interior.jpg

I wish I'd rondo'd this today before doing anything, those corners are tough to get cloth/resin into.

Made some more progress today, sadly it's all I'll be able to do for a few days - the weather's turning really foul for the next few days.

ODST_8thProgress.jpg

Inside of the stomach plate, all rondo
ODST_StomachPlateInside.jpg

Bottom piece of the "buttpacks", also pretty much all rondo inside
ODST_Tailbone.jpg

2 buckles, came out nicely
ODST_Buckles.jpg

Side plates
ODST_SidePlates.jpg

Ab plates & belt buckle
ODST_Belt_AbPlates.jpg

Inside look of above; more Rondo
ODST_Belt_Inside.jpg

Top part of my regular shoulder, rondo'd the part where the 2 parts hinge for a more rigid anchor
ODST_LeftShoulderRondo1.jpg

Bottom part of standard shoulder, yet more Rondo to make fiberglassing the rest a bit easier
ODST_LeftShoulderRondo2.jpg

That's it for now folks, hopefully the end of the week is warm enough I can get some more parts turned out, but until then it's Destiny time!

Here's today's progress folks, forearms, 1 side plate, both ab plates, the "buttplate" upper section, and both shoulders (sniper & regular)

Ab plates
ODST_Abplate_18th.jpg

Oh ya, the belt also
ODST_Belt_18th.jpg

Shoulder plates
ODST_Shoulderparts_18th.jpg

Defender o' Crotch-region
ODST_Cod_18th.jpg

forearms
ODST_Forearms_18th.jpg

Buttplate is near upper-left I think, but here's the whole day's lot
ODST_18th_Progress.jpg

Tomorrow I'll probably start on the torso, helmet, and all the leg parts

Major necropost there! This thread's last entry was in Sep. 2014. Please try to not post any anything older than a few weeks.

As for files for armor, look in the File Archive. You'll find most everything you're looking for under there probably under either Halo 3 > UNSC > ODST or Halo 3: ODST > ODST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back