Props Prop templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden26

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any templates for some prop guns? Since pep props are hard to make because there is no open spot, I thought I would use templates and make them out of wood because I can get unlimited wood for free. So I was wondering if anyone has templates out there? And if its Halo 4 stuff, don't bother sending it at all. I'm not fond at all of any design in Halo 4. Thanks! :)

The 405th 4shared database should have a few "sliced" pep files, which basically give you a series of templates to be cut out and "stacked" to create a 3D form. At the very top and left of the site (above the 405th banner image) is a search bar that will access the entire forum. You will likely find quite a few files/links simply by searching "sliced."

Most guns are done using the layered method using reference photos or ortho photos then either molded and then poured in to plastic molds and painted or just as one offs

Pep files don't make the best props, but they work well as a first start. A method that a lot of people use is to first make the pep model and use it for a reference to make a blueprint for a wood model.

The 405th 4shared database should have a few "sliced" pep files, which basically give you a series of templates to be cut out and "stacked" to create a 3D form. At the very top and left of the site (above the 405th banner image) is a search bar that will access the entire forum. You will likely find quite a few files/links simply by searching "sliced."

Have any specific threads to find sliced files? I only found one thread with sliced files but they don't work.

There really isn't any one specific thread, as modelers tend to each start their own thread to display their own work. Most of what's out there should be in the 4Shared database, which you can find here. Some of them will say right in the filename that they are sliced, others you may have to do things the "hard" way and download them and check if they're sliced or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back