Printing issues! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerdan

Okay so I bought card stock 8.5 x 11 heavy duty, and I was scaling my head. 279mm, I put it in and it resizes, I put the pieces in the dotted ereas. And print it, but a message keeps popping up to resize it to paper length even though it's in the paper ereas.

It should be telling you their are pieces outside of the grid and do you want to change the scale. The reason it's doing that is probably because there is text outside of the grid...When it asks just say no

Well said PHIL-907. Also you can rotate your pieces to fit better on the pages I had to do that with my helmet pieces. Once you rotate them it makes things easier to fit on a page. You can also do a print preview to see whats being cut off. I would sometimes let tabs get cut off then just add them myself.

Well cause they are in the dotted areas, I used the Print preview and half of the parts are shown cut off. I don't get it

You should double check your paper settings in the Pepekura software to match the paper settings for you printer.

Ya know, I get that message and I know for a fact I am arranging my pieces correctly. I just click on "no" and never have a problem printing everything out. I don't understand why it does that. However, I remember that I ONCE clicked on "yes" a long time ago and my pieces came out smaller than what they were supposed to be so I had to print everything again or else the part I was building would NOT have fit.

It's generally that the paper type is set to A4 or Letter and you are using the other. They are pretty similar in size, only a cm or so off, so if you don't adjust the size it won't be much of an issue. I guarantee if you see the prompt to adjust the size it's because of your paper settings.

It's generally that the paper type is set to A4 or Letter and you are using the other. They are pretty similar in size, only a cm or so off, so if you don't adjust the size it won't be much of an issue. I guarantee if you see the prompt to adjust the size it's because of your paper settings.

A cm!? Dude thats a ton of space for error in the printing...

Keep in mind that the dotted lines don't represent the exact outer edge of the paper, there is a border of 15 mm by default I think, that goes around the entire edge of the paper, so even if your piece goes a little over the dotted line, it will still print just fine.

Keep in mind that page margins aren't the same as printer margins. Like what's been said, a little over the page margins will probably print just fine. However, when exporting (say, for cutting on a cutting machine) parts must be totally within the dotted lines or they'll spill over into another page's file export.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back