Hello there... new tho this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haseo98

How do you do... I am a fan of Halo and this is my first time in cosplay stuff... to be honest, thougth I am a big fan of the game, I wanted to cosplay something different... a character from a light novel I read
I would find it awesome if anyone could help me make this into a pepakura 3D file... as I need to pattern the EVA foam (it's cheap material... since i don't have much on the way for disposable matterial I wanna make my first one with good materials, btu ones that won't leave me waiting for 3 more paychecks)
if anyone could help me make this happen I would be ever so grateful... I hope I am not askign for much... I just wanna join in the fun of cosplaying...
. archetypesaber.jpg

Hey Haseo, welcome to the 405th. You may not get much response for non-halo related material in this thread. There is a section for all things other than halo but as a new recruit you may not be able to post there. I'd encourage you to check out therpf.com and see if there is similar interest there.

By the looks of the picture you posted, the armor seems like your typical medieval knight's plate armor. There may be some pep files existing that you could modify, or build and detail differently, to match your interest. Just a thought.

I second what n8four said. There is an off-topic forum here for this sort of thing, but until you've graduated from the "New Recruit" status you won't be able to post anywhere but in the "New Recruits" forum. The RPF might be a good place to check for similar items or builds. Your first choice of cosplay armour looks kewl, though. It strongly reminds me of Sabre's armour from Fate Stay Night.

n8four is right it does seem to be mid-evil based armor.

I would look at the SKYRIM armor's that have been unfolded by zombie grimm. They are pep files but you should be able to adapt them to foam. I would find one that is close to what you want and adapt it from there. Also google a few things like armor pics and see if you find something close there.

You may have to try your hand at a scratch build. If you do, I would suggest using old cardboard to build and fit each piece to you before you ever cut a piece of foam. This way you can get a exact fitting piece but also make sure you do not have movement problems.

Squirrelly-ORC (Orsinium Recon Corp)

Thank you very much for your replies... and yes... I have seen those before... however no one wanted to help... my post went forgotten and deleted after a time... T_T I just need some help making this in a pepakura file to be honest... I have no ability or talent on that T_T

I second what n8four said. There is an off-topic forum here for this sort of thing, but until you've graduated from the "New Recruit" status you won't be able to post anywhere but in the "New Recruits" forum. The RPF might be a good place to check for similar items or builds. Your first choice of cosplay armour looks kewl, though. It strongly reminds me of Sabre's armour from Fate Stay Night.

actually he IS Saber... from the light Novel Fate/Prototype he is King Arthur... before Fate/Stay Night... they did a small animation about him... here is the link

I wanna do it cause I love Saber (female Saber) so I wanna be her male counterpart XD

Last edited by a moderator:
For that build I would recommend the armour archive. Be warned though, an armour like that will be very difficult to make: I'm not sure many professionaly armourers would be able to make a high quality armour of that style out of steel, let alone foam.

I agree I think you picked a pretty complex armor for your first cosplay but when you finish it anything else is going to be a piece of cake =)
I think for that armor you might try useing Worbla or Wonderflex instead of foam. They are a thermal plastic so you can heat them with a hair dryer and shape them almost any way you like.
its ALOT more expensive than foam but i think you would get better results.
just as Squirrely said test fit all pieces with cardboard or poster board first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back