JemKadetchy's Destiny: Hunter and Warlock build! (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanJem013

Jr Member
EDIT: Ill keep posting my latest and greatest complete armor photos at the top here. If you'd like to see how i made it feel free to enjoy the rest of the thread!
Best buy 1.jpg
best buy 2.jpg

This picture was taken inspired by Cayde-6 in the Tower! (Taken at Best Buy)

best buy 3.jpg

Hello everybody! Allot of destiny builds going around, especially the hunter class lol. Figured i'd post production of my duo build of my Hunter and the girlfriends Warlock!
Destiny_Hunter_2_Character_Sheet_wallpaper MALE.jpg
Destiny_Warlock_1_Character_Sheet FEMALE.jpg

First up here we have the Hunter helmet building process!

hunter pep 3.jpg
hunter pep complete 2.jpg
Hunter pep complete 1.jpg

Now that the first helmet is in the fiberglass/ bondo stage, I decided to make a ghost!
I hope to eventually make a mold of the ghost to make more of them.

ghost production 2.jpg
ghost complete.jpg

That's it for now! I hope to have these costumes done in time to walk in the local parade with some other 405th members! Shout out to MN 339th!

UPDATE TIME!!!!!!

So far i have just fiber glassed the helmet and painted my ghost, but i have a 3d printed ghost in the process. Also! plan on 3d printing the mk 44. Here's the pics, enjoy :

ghost.jpg
helm 1.jpg
helm 2.jpg

Thats all for now! This weekend should be good building days!

What was the height you printed off the hunter mask on and what is the actual height if you stand it on its chin? I ask because I've never found the number shown to be all that reliable and am thinking about starting one of these myself.

MORE UPDATES!!!

First up we have the finish fiberglassing!!!!
helm cleaned.jpg
next stage with that will be to bondo, unfortunately my sander is out of sanding sheets...

Now we have the chest armor i started today out of eva foam. Progress pics!!!
chest progress.jpg
chest progress 1.jpg
chest progress 2.jpg
chest finish.jpg

After all that work to get the chest (and back part) put together and detailed, here's a test pic with the mask and a hood on!
hunter scarf.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys the build so far! I'm having allot of fun making it! I hope to have the entire costume done by Halloween, so i can walk in the Anoka parade (Halloween capital of the world, srsly look it up xD) Will keep posting progress!!

Are you using any resources for making that chest armor? Or are you eyeballing it its ingame appearance and your own body measurement? Just curious, been wanting to start my own Destiny cosplay and have been unable to find many resources out there yet.

MOOOOOREEEEEE UPPDATEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!

Hello everybody! time has come to show off pictures of the belt; aka next part i'm working on, aka still needs to be latex-ed, aka stuff and things and stuff. Without further adieu, production of the belt!
:Still need to make the belt buckle, will explain later:

First i took a measurement of myself around my waste, then i measured on the picture of the hunter class how long the belt is and where it covers on the model, i then measured it on my self and got about 5 and a half inches of height and 34 and a half inches wide.
belt 1.jpg
belt 2.jpg

The belt part i have split into 2 pieces at the moment, going to connect them with Velcro later.
belt 3.jpg

After cutting the two belt parts out, i then cut and re glued parts to show different layers, and made creases on lines for detail.
belt 4.jpg

Basic heat gun trick to make the foam bend. Also added loop holes for the belt to go through, i may re-do them with thinner foam later.
complete.jpg

Here's the almost finished product! Enjoy, feel free to post tips and tricks, or ask questions, i will answer!

I actually use a knife and soldering iron, i angle the knife i use to make V shape lines in the foam. The iron i use to make deeper lines in the foam that adds a space between them without needing to cut the foam apart, that is a very risky way to do it because you can easily burn or set fire to your foam.

ALMOST DONE!!! 2nd to last update!!!!

So far i have all foam parts plasti-diped and ready for paint! All i need to get left is a long sleeve shirt and some cloth for the hood/ scarf/ cape.
Here are the pictures from this most recent update!
boots no progress.jpg
Went and got fake leather type stuff to cover up a normal pair of boots with.
boots progress 1.jpg
started front to back and then up
boots progress 2.jpg
tried to get as much detail into it as i could by copying every part of the Hunter boots.
boots front.jpg
after boots were done being covered, i added the foam armor and box thing to the boots.
boots back.jpg
boots front 2.jpg
Also added the buckle type things to the pouch on the lower left leg.
Finally the helmet!!!
Bondod so its smooth but i left some parts because the actual helmet is pretty angular.
Added the visor and the attachment part for the accuracy of in game.
helm no visor.jpg
helm with visor.jpg

Only have one final bit of progress to do before Fall Con tomorrow!!! So excited!!!!
Will post pics of finished product including pics from Fall Con!

and a final pic for you ;) game stop video soon to follow. LOL!

Attachments

• 10687954_1480741728852655_6744902152630104430_o.jpg
    10687954_1480741728852655_6744902152630104430_o.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 608
Not so final, final update.

First to note, helmet is a little big, going to re-make it, i will be also spending time improving the armor on the costume and the cloak.
IN PROGRESS I HAVE:
Destiny Hunter Knife
Remake of Hunter helm
Improving armor

Soooo to finish off the first armor, the boots painted!
boots painted.jpg

Light coats of brown spray paint worked perfectly on the fake leather. No pealing or paint coming off!

The cloak was made in 2 separate parts, scarf was a separate piece from cloak and hood.
cloak.jpg

Sorry don't have pictures of painting the armor or of finishing it. Had to powerhouse finish the costume in 2 days lol

Helmet was painted with black primer then silver paint, used cheap 1 dollar blue spray paint for the lines, terrible mistake...
helm finish.jpg

Helmet was big compared to the rest of the armor, going to re size a pep file and re make the helmet out of foam!! so stay tuned for more pics to come!!!!
Here is a picture of the Hunters knife to date. Will be working on it, hopefully make a mold to mass produce and sell these knifes for around 20 usd.
hunter knife.jpg
Made from eva foam covered in worbla! A little bit of sanding and smoothing out, and ill be ready to make a mold! STAY TUNED!!!
These are the only photos i have from Fall Con, unfortunately i didn't take any pictures, going to have to search around to find pictures that other people took.
pic with friends.jpg
1902784_10152431511685886_120621784857530877_n.jpg

Reoccurring spartan is propfreak, not sure if he has uploaded a thread on his master chief build yet! But be sure to check him out!
Thats all for now... will be posting here and there to show updates to this costume. Hope i can someday make it worthy of a master build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back