My first foam build I WILL FINISH THIS ONE IF IT KILLS ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockon13

I'm building an ODST foam suit and having only worked with cardstock i could use some help, right know what i need to know is how many square feet of EVA foam i'd need. I'm about 6 foot maybe a tad shorter. thanks

Buy two packs. You're almost guaranteed to botch a few pieces (as everyone does). The stuff is cheap. I'm three sheets in on my suit, and all I've done is the chest, bicep and pauldron. Skimping and buying one pack will cost you time and fuel to go buy more.

I'm working on a ODST suit right now and I have been through four or five packs each pack containing 16sqr feet of foam. However I have made five thigh pieces because I did not feel I did a good job on the first three thighs I made and I have every part of the suit made except the shins. Get two packs to start with though you will probably need three maybe four. If you have a harbor freight near you they are on sale constantly for 9.99 and sometimes they are priced at 7.99 there. I would also reccomend picking up a roll of the thinner foam to use on the inner part of the thighs.

9.99! WTF amazon 25 buck for 24 square feet, It's almost worth it for me pay for the bus ride down there

Yeab I remember the first batch of Eva foam I bought was from amazon and it was expensive as anything and I didnt get much foam anyways.

I actually uploaded Hughes files for the ODST to the archive the other day. It's under Halo 3 ODST and they are all under one post. I'd give you a link but I'm on my phone. They are all pepakura files but you can modify them to work with foam.

U should use pep file for foam because it's diffical to find foam file. U can search them in 4r database. There are hugh's files inside

I made my own for the bulk of the chest it's looks fine but the scale may be a tad off and the edges are kinda rough. and I was planning on using pep straight up to do the shins and arms

I made my own for the bulk of the chest it's looks fine but the scale may be a tad off and the edges are kinda rough. and I was planning on using pep straight up to do the shins and arms
I would reccomend doing foam for arms. Pep for shins may work because its a pain to make foam odst shins, though it may be more comfortable to do foam

I know I'm using some temples i found
one more question how do you guys transfer your temples to foam
I print it out like a pepfile, then I find the faces that look like they can be put together to reduce seams. Then i trace them onto the foam. I leave out small edges and details so I can add.them.later with.foam. I also only print out one half of the file since most parts can just be.mirrored.

Well ****, my roommate threw away the pieces of on of my shins. but it was mangled pretty bad so maybe half win?
But I was hopping to have the suit done by November for my campus HvZ game, I got some old chest pieces and the stomach plates. Think it is do able to make both legs and arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back