Soft Parts A product suggestion for the Spartans and ODSTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilmortar

Just wanted to show you guys a brand of shoes I use for my ODST and for my MkV I am building...

1267c6c.jpg

These boots, are ANARCHIC brand. They have a 3.5" sole on them. I am normally 5'10, but in my boots obviously I stand around 6'1" (depending on the height of my mohawk that day)

This is about the best shot I have for comparison.

10409350_891408434220238_6691305676929487260_n.jpg

I am standing in the grey and blue with the Sniper Rifle. JamieSnell is right next to me, and look at his boots. Jamie is a taller dude than I, but we stand about the same height now. But the biggest detail, is the sole gives you a chunky detail like the ODST and Spartans have. You can build foam around them, or in this case, my SBradley toe caps mount PERFECTLY. As for Hydra's there, I preemptively resized all her armor to scale for her height...and the toe caps sit a little higher due to the amount I trimmed off them.

But, just a suggestion for those wanting to add a little extra height without it looking like you are frankenstein or a member of KISS... I also can add the 2" lift insoles as I got my boots a little bigger. But these boots are CHEAP on ebay...usually anywhere from $10-$50 bucks, and they appear on ebay all the time.

So...just a friendly suggestion ;)

Attachments

• 1267c6c.jpg
    1267c6c.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 308
Good find. I'm 6'-1" myself, but around 6'-2" or 6'-3" in my spartan armor. It'd be nice to bump that up a few more inches; get closer to MC's height.

I really like these. I'm 5'10" so it would be nice to have a little more height while wearing my armor. Do you by chance know if they can be found other places besides ebay?
Thank You.

Squirrelly-ORC (Orsinium Recon Corp)

edit: Never mind my wife helped me google them, all I can say is wow.

Those are pretty nice. I am VERY short.......5'4" so the extra height would be great! :D :p hehe

I do almost the same thing. My boots are actually slip ons I found at goodwill, but provide a nice little lift. The chunky boot is a really good touch, it just seems to fit better with the whole costume.

Dang, i wish I would have read this earlier. I literally bought my boots yesterday from one of the ebay deals going on. Oh well, maybe I can use these for another spartan build :)

I also suggest, if you happen to stumble upon a pair on ebay that are a size or 2 too big for you...GET THEM... get the insole lifts and use those to give you MORE height and it will tighten up the space in the shoes ;)

Are insole lifts something that comes with those boots or are they something you have to buy separate?

These boots look like they would also to great to accommodate Gears of War builds.

I wonder how these boots feel. I wish they were cheaper, but they are better priced than a lot of other boots that have the same lift.

Honestly, I love mine. They are huge when I first wore them (snagged a size 13 from hot topic for 10 bucks)... but after putting in the lifts and wearing a pair of thick socks with them... I can walk around for hours and hours in them...

great find' as im in the market for new boots for my build just wondering from any one who has a pair of them how do the size's run ? and hows the ankle support in these things,,

I got mine big, as I put more riser soles in them. It has alright ankle support, but I also wear thick socks with them too. On some of the designs I'd say about as much as high top converse.

ah ok thank you for the feed back Gilmortar' ive found a few on E-bay the price is not bad at all just need to find the right size' also the ones I had seen have zippers as well which will make it less of a pain to gear up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back