I'm Back! York Freelancer w/ pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELITEx3xASTRO

Im back. Gauntlet finished and both hand plates. Starting on shoulder then to the cod piece then legs (thigh/shin) and boots and so on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    720.5 KB · Views: 218
Yea where's a good place to get the fiber glass and resin

You can buy it at many big box stores. Walmart, Meijer, Lowes, Home depot. etc.

If you plan on fiberglassing a lot. I would recommend getting a gallon of resin instead of those 16 or so ounces. You will only be able to find 1 Gal cans at a place like lowes or home depot.

Thank you.
By the way I keep hearing people say they used rondo also along with fiber glass what is the rondo used for

Rondo is just a homemade mix of body filler and resin. usually something like a 50/50 mixture. I only made it once so I don't have much experience with it. It's mainly used for coating the inside of you helmet, because you can slush it around. It drys very hard, stiff, strong and is heavy.

I haven't tried it but I guess you could cut up some glass mat to add to the mix to make it stronger. But the stuff is quite strong as is.

I know this isn't really the best place on his thread but how much resin would you need for one helmet?

Well if your fiber glassing a lot Master Builder said a 1 gallon thing of resin would be good.
Whats the best kind of resin I was thinking epoxy cause it's not toxic as opposed to Aqua or just plain poly resin(fiberglass resin) any suggestions

- - - Updated - - -

Ive seen people use bondo to fill armor to make it look smoother as if it was cast as a sold piece of Steele

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this isn't really the best place on his thread but how much resin would you need for one helmet?
@PHIL-907

One 16 ounce can will plenty for just one helmet. The reason I said one gallon is if you plan on building an entire suit. I can not say for sure at all but I think I used about 9 ounces on one of my helmets.

Whats the best kind of resin I was thinking epoxy cause it's not toxic as opposed to Aqua or just plain poly resin(fiberglass resin) any suggestions
ELITEx3xASTRO

Just polyester resin (fiberglassing resin). Beware it's very toxic, you will want to wear a respirator with organic filters. If you absolutely can not get your hands on one, make sure you do it outside with the wind blowing at your back.

Ive seen people use bondo to fill armor to make it look smoother as if it was cast as a sold piece of Steele

Thats exactly the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you familiar with Cereal Kill3r in one of his videos he says he uses epoxy resin since ya know less death but is there any reason for or against

Are you familiar with Cereal Kill3r in one of his videos he says he uses epoxy resin since ya know less death but is there any reason for or against

No I'm not. I haven't used any other type of resin, thats why I can't comment on it, but hey if he uses it than you can. I'm assuming what you are referring to is water based, hence none or less toxic. Almost all the time you will find that the overall quality and strength of water based products does not compete with traditional toxic oil based products. But hey loss a little gain a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back