My first build ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.

OdstBoy

Hello guys! 2 years ago when i was 13, i joined the 405th and tried to make an ODST armor. However, i failed and kinda left the costuming community. But, im glad to say that I am back and starting a new build. I will not post often do to high school and stuff. I will try to make the armor out of pepakura, and i already made the chest plate and a knife out of wood. I do not know what camo i want to do and i will take suggestions. Wish me luck!

100_1159.JPG

100_1158.JPG
this was before i painted the hilt
100_1154.JPG

Your chestplate looks really warped and dented. Did you use 110lb cardstock? If not, you might want to get some and redo it since there is a chance it will not hold up to the resin and it will fall apart. Normal printer paper is NOT recommended when doing armor builds.

I was in the same boat as you. I tried peping an ODST a long time ago and i failed miserably. This time i did it with EVA foam and I couldn't be happier with the result since its my first complete build. I've since made boots which also make it look better IMG_1861 (1).JPG

yea pepping is tough, but ive done a lot of research and watched more youtube videos than i can count. Im going to build some parts out of pep, and others out of EVA foam. This is a big learning experience for me, so i don't expect perfection. :)

The best thing you could possibly do is research, which you seem to be doing a good job at. Kirrou designed some good looking shoulders, did you go with the hinged or the solid?

looking good so far pepakura can be tricky so just stick with it every one messes up at some point just take what you learned and make it better next time looking foreword to seeing more of your progress'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back