Halo reach: noble six helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMANOMNOM

So i've been looking at the stuff on this website since 2008, and figured after five years it was time to actually make something. So i'm going with something relatively straight forward, in this case the Noble six helmet, although with a different color scheme.
I've already finished pepping it, and well into glassing the extreior, as you can see from the photo below. I'm just doing the edges, and folds for my first coat to reduce the chance of warping when i apply the proper coats. Also how many proper coats should i do?
Smaller .jpg

Looks like a great start.

I usually apply two coats of resin on the exterior. My first pass, I only resin the top of the helmet, let that dry, then resin the bottom (setting it on the surface to cure upside down). Then my second pass, I resin the entire helmet. The reason I only resin half of the helmet at a time in the first pass is the same reason you're only applying resin to the joints, to prevent warping. Just be sure to take your time when applying the resin and don't let it run. If you get runs cured into the resin, that's something you'll have to sand down later, and it's not all that fun.

Hadn't had much time to work on the helmet. I've rondo'ed the interior of the helmet, and started adding bondo and sanding on the side pieces.
IMG_20141013_182638.jpg
IMG_20141014_182737.jpg

I perfer rondo to fiberglass matt because if im putting my head in there i want to avoid the possible splinters althoghether. plus you can sand into it if needed for detail. looks good, actually I think I am pepping out the same file you used for the noble six helmet which gives me hope that its a good file haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back