3D Printed ODST WETA Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertShively

Hey guys, I'm new here to the forums, but not so much to the world of creating armor and props. I'm a college student on the road to getting a degree in engineering, and i recently built myself a large 3D printer. I started it thinking I would just use it to print parts for my friends builds, and maybe stuff for myself, so I designed it to have an extremely large print area. Its big enough to print an entire ODST helmet in one shot, and tall enough to print a full BR. One of the guys that I'm friends with came to me with the idea a few days ago to do a squad of ODST's for Halloween this year, and I like the idea. I've been doing so searching around the forums but I really can't find any HD models of the WETA ODST gear, although I could have just over looked it somehow. Could some one link me to them or even point me in the right direction? If this ends up going well, and anyone is interested in it, I would love to create more armor and sell it, since it will be incredibly easy once I find the files.

Thanks for the help!

I'll post some pictures of the printer in a few days once I get my camera fixed

As I understand it you're gonna struggle to get files of the weta suits, as they are different to the in game ones. That means that people would need to make them from scratch, rather than rip an already made 3d file.

Excited to see how this goes though.

Unfortunately, having built my own 3D printer rather than just buying one has caused a lot of issues with printing, due to scaling issues mainly. Im trying to root out the problem, but it could take some major redesign, and I've been brought on board for a project one of my friends is working on, so this has been pushed onto the back burner. Hopefully I will get this done though before Halloween 2015!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back