Reporting in, from the currently not-so-sunny Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manbrolorian

Hi all! I just got my forum activation message, so I figured now would be a good of a time as any to introduce myself.

I'm Jim, 17 year old semi-professional prop maker and costumer from North Tampa. I've been armor making for the past four and a half years, with a keen interested in Mandalorian armor and small Marvel/DC props.
I've been bumping into (presumably) 405th members all over the place in that span of time. Everyone I've spoken to has always been so polite and inviting, but I never had a huge desire to jump ship and make my own Halo rig.
A few months back, I spent a day hanging out with Frank (Shockwave (he's around here somewhere...) at the Tampa Metrocon, and he really made me want my own Spartan kit. I dragged my feet and debated with myself for a while, but now I'm just saying $&@# it and going for it. :lol

My first project is going to be the Spartan Mk IV "Jerome-092" suit.
I hate to admit this, but I've never actually played a Halo game in my life. :( I still hope that I'll be able to the costume, and you fine folks, justice.

Thanks for having me!
-Jim

Great to have you Jim! As Morie said, stop by and check out the 405th Southern Regiment. We'd love to have you! If you're on Facebook, check us out there too under the same name. :D

I hate to admit this, but I've never actually played a Halo game in my life.

Welcome! I would highly recommend playing through the series, if you don't have an xbone you can still play through Halo 1 and 2 on PC. It really is a great game, you don't know what you are missing.

welcome to south good man and i'll let Johnson give you a quick run down

Last edited by a moderator:
Manbrolorian got your request on fb :). Send me a PM on here and we'll get your request submitted to post under the southern regiment.
vshore100... This morie thing is catching on Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, good to see that there are other halo cosplayers in the Tampa Bay Area, I just joined the 405th (less than five minutes ago actually, this is my first post) and I'm getting going on my ODST cosplay for Metrocon, I've seen threads here, but I can't post there (maybe an admin hasn't confirmed me yet or something) and I'm wondering where at the convention center the meetup will be, a mass photoshoot would be cool, and maybe a bunch of halo cosplayers going to lunch in their armor would certainly give someone a bit of a shock! Anyways, good to see more florida cosplayers and I hope to see you there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back