pepakura line help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Boombas

so i know that mountain folds are down and they are dash dash dash and valley folds are dash dot dash dot but i am doing my mk vi torso and there are dash dash and there are small dot dot dot. are the just dots the vally folds cause i printed out an odst helmet too and there were dash dash dash and solid lines. i am really confused if the dash dash are always mountain folds or what cause i don't want to stuff it up by accidentally doing the wrong folds.

Sometimes, what you can do, if you are unsure of a fold because it may be too hard to see, refer back to the model in pepakura, look for the piece and see how it should look. It's always good to refer back tot he model. I do it all the time just to check how everything lines up and how it should look. Mostly because I work with foam and I like to make sure I am putting the right pieces together. :p haha

You cannot strictly rely on the line patterns in the unfolded file for mountain versus valley folds. The line patterns will be however the person unfolding the model defined them in the file. You can look at the model in Pepakura to locate what's an obvious mountain fold and then identify its line pattern in the file. The other pattern is then the valley folds. (Hopefully the person who unfolded the model defined different patterns for mountain versus valley fold lines - otherwise you're screwed until re-defining the line patterns.) In Pepakura Designer, you can change the line patterns (and colors) to your personal preference and then save the file. (The line styles are saved with the .pdo file.) Then you don't need to deal with what somebody else believed to be a good line pattern for folds, especially if they didn't adhere to common papercrafting conventions.

ok thanks guys i will deferentially look on pepakura to check what folds are shown. you guys have been a big help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back