Halo 3's Arbiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge Christi

Ok, everyone knows I love elite, and if you didn't, well, I guess you know now.
Basically, I was playing campaign and I noticed something, the Arbiter is extremely helpful in Normal, Herioc, and Legendary.

I mean, he's basically the balls. He's just like having a second player who's decent playin with you.
He respawns and everything, and I can't melee him to death, I tried. But you can melee his elites to death, whoopsie.

In Halo 2, we saw the Arbiter as being an annoying second character we were force to play with, but now in Halo 3, we see him as an ally who, quite frankly, kicks big butt.
I even think Bungie saught to make the arbiter cooler this game. Ok, in Halo 2, we was kinda lame at times. He's got the cool guy voice, but he needed a tough guy attitude, much like the Chief's, to win over some MC fans.

Well, I think in the one of the first cuts scenes, you get a feel of how pimptacular our dear Arbiter is.

The Chief sees the Arbiter for the first time as he undoes his active camo. The Chief runs up to him, pistol in hand, ready to kill the Arbiter. This Elite, after Chief drops his gun, simply snarls and camly says "Were it so easy."
Chief seems like douche, Arbiter FTW. (<--That could get me killed.)

Later, a certain prophet is being held by the neck by none other than a revengeful Arbiter. You see the prophet being eaten by the flood, and face it, you think the arbiter is a bad ass. At some point in this game, the arbiter had to have seemed cool.

My fav. Arbiter moment was just when him and MC were standing on a cliff and he just roars. It's AWESOME.

Anywho.
Love him or hate him, he was an essetial to the game. I bet you were sometimes glad he was there. Especially if you played Herioc or Legendary.

ARBITAR FTW!

He is way better in this game.

Holy Crap, this is like the first time I've posted in weeks!

Oh well ;)

-Blue

Ugh, my friend said you worry so easy. lol.
I'll never trust him. I believe you guys over him anyway.

The main point is he's actually quite helpful.
He helped me, so I'm thankful.
He's the balls.

I'm pretty sure the part with the gun says "worried so easy" (as in MC got scared when he seen Arbiter approaching) and that the line at the end of the game is "were it so easy."

Sarge Christi said:
Ugh, my friend said you worry so easy. lol.
I'll never trust him. I believe you guys over him anyway.

The main point is he's actually quite helpful.
He helped me, so I'm thankful.
He's the balls.

I don't know, honestly... he was either nowhere to be found, not in the level, didn't show up till everyone was dead, or just ran out in the open and kept killing himself... I only found him useful if I needed to use him as a nav point.

I liked my marines (ooh rah?), at least when they died I got more ammo for my BR :)

Last edited by a moderator:
PFG said:
I'm pretty sure the part with the gun says "worried so easy" (as in MC got scared when he seen Arbiter approaching) and that the line at the end of the game is "were it so easy."
No, he did say "Were it so easy" meaning it was easier to say 'don't kill him' than do it. The last time he meant it wasn't that easy to kill the Chief. My favorite line, no it was not ***hole, you must be silenced, was the whole sequence.
-I am Truth! The Voice of the Covenant!
- [Arbiter grabs him by the throat] Then you must be silenced. [PWN'D!]

Meh
1. MC could have stomped truth in the face and it would have been better
2. That random roar reminds me of Darth Vaders queer "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the end of Episode 3
3. I find the other elites way more bad ass than the Arbitor.
4. would it have killed them to let player 3 or 4 be an ODST?

amen to that, that was my one hope for halo three, or the ability to be a marine or odst in multiplayer, but hey ho, never mind! :-(

Spartan-419 said:
No, he did say "Were it so easy" meaning it was easier to say 'don't kill him' than do it. The last time he meant it wasn't that easy to kill the Chief. My favorite line, no it was not ***hole, you must be silenced, was the whole sequence.
-I am Truth! The Voice of the Covenant!
- [Arbiter grabs him by the throat] Then you must be silenced. [PWN'D!]

It's funny how you correct the "Were it so easy"-line and misquote another yourself. The Arbiter doesn't say a**hole, he says "And so you must be silenced."

The Arbiter's voice alone is totally Badass. He also does Goliath in the TV show Gargoyles. Awesome.

And my interpretation of the arbiter's "were it so easy" line at the end was more along the lines of "were it so easy (to believe he's dead)," as that was the line he was replying to.

But yeah, Arbiter pwns.

Unique Name said:
The Arbiter's voice alone is totally Badass. He also does Goliath in the TV show Gargoyles. Awesome.

That's where I heard that voice before.

Plus the whole "Were it so easy" line is very cool because it brings you back to the beginning of this game as do many of the lines throughout the whole game, which bring you back to the past two games. Such as the "There's two of us in here" line from the first Halo, which I loved.

And yes arbiter really helped out when I needed to hide and let my shields recharge.

OK guys, I changed it to were it so easy, I went and played the first level again, just to make sure. You guys were right.

No more arguing, the first guy that told me in the thread was right, I didn't need quadruple confermation.
I'm glad some people side with me.

I'm not just pro-arbiter. Look at my avatar. I love Spartans.
I think the elites need more respect.
Especially the arbiter, he gets flamed so much.
But I've found someone (the same friend who told me the wrong line), who's never played the Halo series before.
We were playing campaign together, and we came to a cut scene, he said "Dude, the arbiter is so F***ing badass!"
I asked him why and he said he liked im because he was so helpful during campaign.
Don't get me wrong, my friend Kim (gamertag killakim69), likes the Chief, but hasn't been Chief-ifide like we have.
I mean, we all love the chief. He was the hero of the Halo series.
But when the Arbiter was a playable character, we didn't embrace him as openly.
People's opinion's differ based on those who are just playing halo for the first time versus those who've played since the beginning.

I don't know, call me an optimist.
He might have not been helpful to you, Jim, but he saved my butt a couple of time, and I got him to kill some people while I just stayed back.

Liman said:
It's funny how you correct the "Were it so easy"-line and misquote another yourself. The Arbiter doesn't say a**hole, he says "And so you must be silenced."
Okay dude, chill out... It's not like I was maliciously telling Christi "No, no you're wrong! Ha ah ha ha ha!" I was agreeing with other people, and then posting one of my favorite lines at 3 in the morning. That being said, it makes a lot more sense why it was mistaken for ***hole. Ah well, whatever and blah blah blah. Ugh... I need more sleep.

On an off note: Don't you hate it sometimes when you were right? PM to find out more! Dun dun DUUUUN! (It explains my bad mood... It's not that I intend to be malicious, if I come off that way, I'm just feeling a tad heart-less at the moment.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back