what would YOU say...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragclone

to a telemarketer. or if you have caller ID and it says uknown.
my dad's name is jerry so every time the pic up im gona say
"hello is this jerry meares?"
and go on from there XD
what would you do?

Xavier, I lol'd on that one... hang up...

1.) Ask them for their personal home phone number and time for which they can be reached at home...
2.) They will reply they cannot give that information to you...
3.) Ask them why...
4.) No matter what they say, reply to their answer with "Sure (sarcastic).... you just don't want me calling you at home while you are tryng to relax, and bother you, isn't that the real truth here.... how about you return the favor... and not bother me..."
5.) End the call with an obligatory comment such as "You suck at life, find a cliff or a tall building, you'll know what to do"...
6.) Hang up...

you got that from the preacher didnt you? XD or are you the one who told him o_O
my preacher [Chris] told me that one. but he said when you answer it, you say hello and after they're done talking then you say it. :p

Yes, you answer with hello, they go through their rant... then you start asking questions...

Or, you could say, "I have been doing some calculations and with the limited time left for the existance of life on earth, I don't think that (insert what they want) is something you or I should concern ourselves with"... and You suck at life, kill yourself always needs to be thrown in there somewhere...

Id say, "yes he IS here, BUT im going to need your license and registration, your soicial security number, and the last time you went to the 'I NEED A LIFE' store plz, and thank you :)"

Spase said:
Yes, you answer with hello, they go through their rant... then you start asking questions...

Or, you could say, "I have been doing some calculations and with the limited time left for the existance of life on earth, you don't think that (insert what they want) is something you or I should concern ourselves with"... and You suck at life, kill yourself always needs to be thrown in there somewhere...
woot! (y) thats gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
WELL

during fourth of july i got a telemarketer call (hint hint)

so i went outside and i had some m-66's

i put my phone on speaker lit a few and then yelled get down.

then i lit a few more and then started screaming in pain(pretend)

the guy is like are you ok?

i was look wat you mad me do you prick

and he goes what?

i was like you made me lose the war

what war?

ummm world war 3

oooooooooookkkkkkkk?

iw was like want to join he goes click

got a good one... kinda derived from the previous one, put on a loud war movie, when the guy asks whats going on scream in bloody agony then ask why the hell hes making marketing calls to iraq.maybe say someting like "um hello?? fawk get down get down RPG reverse reverse" if u pull that off well i pretty much guarantee you that person will start looking for a new job.

silvercookie said:
WELL

during fourth of july i got a telemarketer call (hint hint)

so i went outside and i had some m-66's

i put my phone on speaker lit a few and then yelled get down.

then i lit a few more and then started screaming in pain(pretend)

the guy is like are you ok?

i was look wat you mad me do you prick

and he goes what?

i was like you made me lose the war

what war?

ummm world war 3

oooooooooookkkkkkkk?

iw was like want to join he goes click

HAHAHA! Holy crap that has to be the best way I've ever heard someone handle that, kudos man.

Andy Rooney
Tips for Handling Telemarketers

Three Little Words That Work !!
(1)The three little words are: 'Hold On, Please...'

Saying this, while putting down your phone and walking off (instead of hanging-up immediately) would make each telemarketing call so much more time-consuming that boiler room sales would grind to a halt.

Then when you eventually hear the phone company's 'be ep-beep-beep' tone, you know it's time to go back and hang up your handset, which has efficiently completed its task.

These three little words will help eliminate telephone soliciting.

(2) Do you ever get those annoying phone calls with no one on the other end?
This is a telemarketing technique where a machine makes phone calls and records the time of day when a person answers the phone.

This technique is used to determine the best time of day for a 'real' sales person to call back and get someone at home. &n bsp;
What you can do after answering, if you notice there is no one there, is to immediately start hitting your # button on the phone, 6 or 7 times, as quickly as possible. This confuses the machine that dialed the call and it kicks your number out of their system. Gosh, what a shame not to have your name in their system any longer!

(3) Junk Mail Help:
When you get 'ads' enclosed with your phone or utility bill, return these 'ads' with your payment. Let the sending companies throw their own junk mail away.

When you get those 'pre-approved' letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and similar type junk, do not throw away the return envelope.

Most of these come with postage-pai d return envelopes, right? It costs them more than the regular 41 cents postage 'IF' and when they receive them back.

It costs them nothing if you throw them away! The postage was around 50 cents before the last increase and it is according to the weight. In that case, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little, postage-paid return envelopes.

One of Andy Rooney's (60 minutes) ideas.
Send an ad for your local chi mney cleaner to American Express. Send a pizza coupon to Citibank. If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them their blank application back! If you want to remain anonymous, just make sure your name isn't on anything you send them.

You can even send the envelope back empty if you want to just to keep them guessing! It still costs them 41 cents.

The banks and credit card companies are currently getting a lot of their own junk back in the mail, but folks, we need to OVERWHELM them. Let's let them know what it's like to get lots of junk mail, and best of all they're paying for it...Twice!

Let's help keep our postal service busy since they are saying that e-mail is cutting into their business profits, and that's why they need to increase postage costs again. You get the idea !

They generally call us at Dinner, so we usually just answer the phone, give a few minutes of false interest "Uh huh, yeah... sounds great...", then we set the phone down (not hanging up) and continue with our meal and TV (generally CSI, maybe a movie, the works). Either that, or I quote 'Little Tortilla Boy'

"Geet down! Geet down again! Dey're tryink to take my tortillas!"

Okay, heres what ya do. Record yourself on the computer saying these exact words. "Im sorry, could you say that again ?" Then, wait 15-20 seconds while its still recording. Then stop it. Load it up in your favorite music player on its own playist. Set that playlist to repeat. When they call, engange them while you open up your music player. Set the phone next the speaker and enjoy. :D

My brother sucks when it comes to telemarketers. One day when he answered a call, he pretended to be my mom i think, because the mistake his high voice for that of a woman's, he was 11, and gave them all kinds of information at the promise of $10. They eventually sent in the survey or what ever that it takes to get the money, but they spammed us in everyway imaginable. We were still getting spammed 3 months after the fact.

Gravemind said:
My brother sucks when it comes to telemarketers. One day when he answered a call, he pretended to be my mom i think, because the mistake his high voice for that of a woman's, he was 11, and gave them all kinds of information at the promise of $10. They eventually sent in the survey or what ever that it takes to get the money, but they spammed us in everyway imaginable. We were still getting spammed 3 months after the fact.
spammed as in???
also btw a guy just caled XD [CID sed unknown] i picked it up and laughed at it :D then hang up.

I honestly have nothing against the telemarketers themselves (the people making the calls that work for the company) cause they're just doin a job, same as anyone else. My brother's ex did telemarketing for a while. and it actually paid pretty darn well.

that's not to say that I don't have a problem with telemarketing. I want to meet the man that invented that so I can kick him in the crotch.

All I'm sayin is that being an ass to the people that are just doing their job is kind of dumb. Yea it gets a little bit of laughs for you and your friends, but so did picking on the fat kid when you were back in school. And did that get you anywhere in life, nope.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back