Portal's Portal gun pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
AoBfrost said:
I'll be extracting the cube model to see if it is detailed, if it is, expect a weighted companion cube soon, meaning tommorow.

Btw, the companion cube never did talk to me, glados said it cant, but then she said when it does, ignore it.

Mine stabbed me in the back. T_T

Last edited by a moderator:
How? It cant move or talk.

Also, how would i make textures in pepakura show? The companian cube has the texture and heart pattern on it, but it shows all white in pepakura.....

like the cake the texture is a lie

but seriously if you have extracted the texture go to 3d part of the pepakura tab then texture coordination then specify then hunt it down and assign it and it should work

Bear in mind the gun is mostly white anyway. It might not be wrapping correctly.

Portal Models I would like to see.
Weighted Companion Cube
Turret

Thanks..:)

The WCC has already been spread around the internet. Not in a PDO file that I'm aware of, but a hi-res PDF. I plan on (someday) scaling it up, then using the same techniques from armor building to make a strong, life-size WCC.

Btw, is your ASHPD a little 'squished' vertically? The barrel looks more to be like an ellipse than a circle... That could just be the way it is though. You never see it from that angle in the game. I just assumed it was circular.

And the WCC totally talks to you in game. Mine told me no one could ever love me as much as it did. Then it screamed when I burned it. =(

I'M SO SORRY!

No I mean I want the texture for the weighted companion cube, it wont show, and painting it will be a pain, painting the portal gun is fine, all it needs is a good resining on the outside, drill a hole, fill the inside with melted hot glue for strength, and than sand the outside to smoothen it, then paint.

The gun's barrel is a elipse, you cant see ingame, but when you see the model ripped from ingame, thats how it looks, the gun is a model of the death model where you drop the gun. The first person model is a different model which is plain out of shape and doesnt have a bottom. just a top and barrel.

I myself cant wait to make this, with school, and no cardstock, I need time to go out and buy some to make this.

Also, the barrel being an elipse, that explains why the portals in portal are also elipse, and not perfect circles.

NO DOWNLOAD!? NOOOO!!!! :mad:

I was on my PSP when it was online so I went down stairs and got on my computer then you say its offline. :mad:

lol, I can wait though. When do you think it will be done by?

This is making me angry.

Deleting the claw then unfolding makes the thing like 20 pages to make, yet somehow, keeping the original model, UNEDITED makes the gun 6-7 pages long......how is taking out parts making more parts? This makes no sense...there are parts as small as heck now....I will go back and re edit the model to find out what is going on.

Nicktendo said:
The WCC has already been spread around the internet. Not in a PDO file that I'm aware of, but a hi-res PDF. I plan on (someday) scaling it up, then using the same techniques from armor building to make a strong, life-size WCC.

Btw, is your ASHPD a little 'squished' vertically? The barrel looks more to be like an ellipse than a circle... That could just be the way it is though. You never see it from that angle in the game. I just assumed it was circular.

And the WCC totally talks to you in game. Mine told me no one could ever love me as much as it did. Then it screamed when I burned it. =(

I'M SO SORRY!

roflmao.:lol: :lol: . dude thats funny how did you burn it?? Im suprised mine didnt say anything when it was getting his by the energy balls.

This is making me angry.

Deleting the claw then unfolding makes the thing like 20 pages to make, yet somehow, keeping the original model, UNEDITED makes the gun 6-7 pages long......how is taking out parts making more parts? This makes no sense...there are parts as small as heck now....I will go back and re edit the model to find out what is going on.

Um...idk my bff jill?

Well simplifying could make it bigger, though smaller pieces will be able to keep it crunched up in one page.

I just want to ask...is it properly scaled?

I'm making this as a gift for my friend's birthday. He loves Portal :D I still think the cake is a lie XD

Does any one have any idea what to do to make the claws if it wont be in the pepakura?

It is properly scaled, the actual gun is about 2 feet to 2.5 feet long, I made mine 2 feet long.

The claws can be done in sheet plastic or in cardboard/cardstock, the tubing can be done with straws over a candle and made soft and bent, or buy black tubing from the hardware store.

So far no luck with editing the 3d model, I cut it in half, then when I piece it back together, it doesnt look right, so I need some professional help. Otherwise, get pepakura to work with me.

AoBfrost said:
How? It cant move or talk.

Also, how would i make textures in pepakura show? The companian cube has the texture and heart pattern on it, but it shows all white in pepakura.....

that must have been the 122nd joke that ABfrost didn't catch.

Anyways...

I started my own build and started from the middle tube, just because I knew there were details inside for some reason........but I didnt want to leave them out, so I made the middle tube section last night around 11pm, didnt have time to cut out the other pieces.

crackhead09 said:
kick ass dude i cant wait for file approval of this gun (my girlfriend wishes to be the main charcter from that game for the convention thats coming up next year in florida

What convention?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back