forming aluminum to make a firing magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.
would just like to point out that while the thing is mag loaded, and very realistic in looks and design, it fires .40 and .43 (I think, somewhere around the .40 range) cal paintballs, this is smalelr then the standard .68 cal standard paint all fields accept, and most fields don't allow the .40 and .43 paint.

So unless you live right next to an official Rap4 field, or at least a field that allows Rap4 gear and paint, you will not be able to use that in paintball matches, and it will be limited to simply target-practice shooting at your local field (since you can't shoot it at conventions, can you?) Which sort of defeats the purpose as the firing aspect is probably something one would want for it's usability, especually with a paintball gun, I am sure a detachable magnum prop mag could be made for non-shooting, complete with removable dummy rounds.

As far as aluminum folding, could you take aluminum foil and wrap it around, layer it up, then heat it so it keeps it's shape? I heard that somewhere but I don't know if it is a valid method or not.

PillowFire said:
would just like to point out that while the thing is mag loaded, and very realistic in looks and design, it fires .40 and .43 (I think, somewhere around the .40 range) cal paintballs, this is smalelr then the standard .68 cal standard paint all fields accept, and most fields don't allow the .40 and .43 paint.

So unless you live right next to an official Rap4 field, or at least a field that allows Rap4 gear and paint, you will not be able to use that in paintball matches, and it will be limited to simply target-practice shooting at your local field (since you can't shoot it at conventions, can you?) Which sort of defeats the purpose as the firing aspect is probably something one would want for it's usability, especually with a paintball gun, I am sure a detachable magnum prop mag could be made for non-shooting, complete with removable dummy rounds.
As far as aluminum folding, could you take aluminum foil and wrap it around, layer it up, then heat it so it keeps it's shape? I heard that somewhere but I don't know if it is a valid method or not.

good idea, and thanks for the heads-up, i almost just spent 250 dollars on something i can't use.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're looking for just a p99, I assume you checked out airsoft stuff before Rap4? WGCshop.com has some nice gas pistols.

If your looking at using a paint ball pistol that can fire a .68 cal paint ball look into the Tac 8 by tiberius arms. I think on the RAP website it is listed under the name Eagle or black hawk, or something similar. It is magazine loaded like the one you have listed above. What's nice about the Tac 8 is that is has weight and realistic feel to it. Although the body doesn't recock the pistol does have some kick when it fires.

also theres a gun exacltly like that exacly the same that comes in black or gold its nly liek 10-16$ its airsoft so if you dont want 2 spend what i saw for the total price was 250$ just buy the airsoft it stills fires

FYI the game magnum is huge- 10.5" long, and the bore is 12.7mm, very close to .5", not horribly far off from .68.

Is there a small gun that could be salvaged and remodeled into a magnum? I'm not familiar with paintball gear, but I think it'd need to have an internat co2 tank and magazine, or they'd have to be scratch-built...

(shouldn't this be in weapons, btw? mods?)

Yeah, i agree with Vrogy on this one, you may need to build it from scratch, just because of the way the magnum is laid out.

I think the Closest You may get to is the Tac8 or Tac9.....if you want to spend the $$$. It has an internal mag that includes the CO2 and Paintballs, so you can i guess work on it that way.

plus, i think it comes in silver.

rvb4life said:
Yeah, i agree with Vrogy on this one, you may need to build it from scratch, just because of the way the magnum is laid out.

I think the Closest You may get to is the Tac8 or Tac9.....if you want to spend the $$$. It has an internal mag that includes the CO2 and Paintballs, so you can i guess work on it that way.

plus, i think it comes in silver.

Oh, nice! Just googled em.. they're very nice. I can totally see a magnum version, it even has an 8-round clip.
http://www.tiberiusarms.com/
But, hm, are they just plastic? Also, this looks really simple. How hard is it to make a gun? The only annoying thing looks like the pressure connection of the CO2 tank in the magazine when you change it.

yeah, the tac8 is just about 1 or 2 years old.....and i think most of it is metal, but i never had the chance to fire one....

We are in the same field, im trying to make an SMG out of a 98 Custom....ah the potential.

but the Tac8 may be your best bet but it costs a bunch, so its your decision whether it will be worth it.

I have a wealth of PB info stuck in my head....but its diminishing because of my obsession with my MR3.

My friend is converting an MR2 into an SMG, and it may work nicely.

look around, see what you can find, and you may get a good one to do minimal work on.

rvb4life said:
yeah, the tac8 is just about 1 or 2 years old.....and i think most of it is metal, but i never had the chance to fire one....

We are in the same field, im trying to make an SMG out of a 98 Custom....ah the potential.

but the Tac8 may be your best bet but it costs a bunch, so its your decision whether it will be worth it.
I have a wealth of PB info stuck in my head....but its diminishing because of my obsession with my MR3.

My friend is converting an MR2 into an SMG, and it may work nicely.
look around, see what you can find, and you may get a good one to do minimal work on.

98 custom, neat. I once engineered an automated robotic turret and mobile platform with two 98 customs, with elevate, rotate, and it could flip from the top to the bottom of the platform- think of a Tyco Rebound-style buggy of about 200 pounds with a paintball turret. Never got funding from the company or got paid, though. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back