Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
one tip: use black craft foam so if you scuff the paint job it just looks like battle damage and leaves black scuffs. i used bright green on part of mine and bumb it and had green marks so i replaced them with black.

Hey all! I have a carmine build that Is fully pepped, bondoed, sanded and primered. Im having someone else paint it for me. He said he wants to use acrylic paint with a clearcoat. This had me a bit worried because everyone uses spray cans to get accurate color. Would there be any drawbacks to him using acrylic? Why or why not?

shouldnt be an issue as long as it clear coated it should be fine. I know the sand troopers from the 501st use water down acrylic to dirty up there armor

I just wanted to say a big Thank You to the creators of these files!!! I have been a lurker for a while and now have decided to chime in. I started a Mk4 build but due to severe financial distress I had to scrap the project. I am now doing a basic COG soldier, pics to follow as soon as I figure this board out.

@cgspartan I'm trying to figure out what to do for the straps and buckles too. It seems like the best bet is to just start buying some cheap straps and painting them.

The hard part is all the leather straps and bags the Carmines carry.

@Spartan 051 Thanks for the files!! I'm going to be making mine out of foam, but these will help with the scaling.

@ DotSwoof Im having the same problems with my build. All of it is done, but the strapping, and undersuit. All of those bags seem WW2 esque... Ive found some old military replicas that look pretty close (they are german and russian) But that Is all I could find. We may have to custom make them...

I want to thank Spartan 051 and everyone involved in providing the pep files. I have finished my cog suit, you can search on this forum for zeus cog suit for the rest of the pictures. Here is a couple of the final pics.

sweet suit chuy124 i really need to start working one mine but you need to thank mj pain he did alot of the work reworking the files

@fox: you need winRAR or the mac version to open them there saved in .rar to save on file size

Does any know were you can get the carmine armor in .obj or .3ds? looking to clean up the file to the current gow3

Hey Community Maj. Pain here. Its been awhile, but im back. Had to comment on Chuy124's fantastic suit. Came out real nice homie. Great work! Also, thanks for the name drop there Spartan 051. I got something for ya:

http://www.4shared.com/file/g3vJs_IU/carmine_chest.html

Carmine chest in .obj fomat. You get it modified, and i'll take care of the unfold. Lets get some GOW 3 builds ready for next year. Good luck.

Maj. Pain

Hey Community Maj. Pain here. Its been awhile, but im back. Had to comment on Chuy124's fantastic suit. Came out real nice homie. Great work! Also, thanks for the name drop there Spartan 051. I got something for ya:

http://www.4shared.com/file/g3vJs_IU/carmine_chest.html

Carmine chest in .obj fomat. You get it modified, and i'll take care of the unfold. Lets get some GOW 3 builds ready for next year. Good luck.

Maj. Pain

I cant take all the credit

Thanks for the chest piece i havent been able to find the file. When i get a chance i will take a look at it see what i can do an update one for gears of war 3 i got until april to get it finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back