Ripping game models

Status
Not open for further replies.
We generally don't discuss that sort of stuff here, I'm afraid. It's pretty much illegal to do.

If Bungie came across the site and saw us showing people how to crack into their software... they wouldn't be too happy.

Primal Weyland said:
We generally don't discuss that sort of stuff here, I'm afraid. It's pretty much illegal to do.

If Bungie came across the site and saw us showing people how to crack into their software... they wouldn't be too happy.
Google will be your friend on how to rip models from games, it isnt as easy as putting the DVD in and copying a file.

Plus, when you get it, you will need to edit it and take off lighting and other effects so you get the model itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
kerotan 36 said:
Well it's a good thing I am not trying to rip Halo files.
It doesn't matter whether you're trying to rip Halo or something else. The point is that the discussion of this kind of activity is frowned upon around here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone except Ral Partha is pretty much wrong.
@ DeadandBroken,
Those will not rip the files from the games, 3ds Max is for editing them, but I don't really know what 3D ripper is.
@ Primal Weyland,
True, we don't generally discuss this here, but if it were illegal, then Halomods would not be a website. Halomods provide the programs, and show you how to do it. They just don't provide the models.
@ AoBFrost,
The models are the models. You don't need to take any lighting off or anything. If we did, then it would be a lot easier to make good renders of the model.
@Ral Partha,
You summed it up best. We can't tell you how to do it, and generally don't talk about it.

Besides, you need to know what game you're trying to extract from, and go to a website that is specific to that game. For Halo, go to Halmods, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back