Captain America's Shield Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightwing316

I've been looking around this forum for the last week now, and after seeing the incredible work done here, I am going to have to build my own set of armor. I'm thinking about doing a Red, white, and blue version of the MK-VI armor, but i'd also like to modify Cap's shield and have it as an added accessory. The metal shield I have would be too heavy and I really don't want to take a chance on destroying a $400 prop. I was wondering if anyone had thought about making a pep shield.

knightwing316 said:
I've been looking around this forum for the last week now, and after seeing the incredible work done here, I am going to have to build my own set of armor. I'm thinking about doing a Red, white, and blue version of the MK-VI armor, but i'd also like to modify Cap's shield and have it as an added accessory. The metal shield I have would be too heavy and I really don't want to take a chance on destroying a $400 prop. I was wondering if anyone had thought about making a pep shield.

You're much better off just finding a *thin* sheet metal one lining the back with epoxy, and cementing in a handle.. Pep would take days for any good resolution, and you'd still have to smooth it.

On the other hand, you can probably just grab a pep license, a CAD program, generate your model- it's an easy shape- import it to pep, and make your own. </my2cents>

Last edited by a moderator:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vrogy @ Feb 17 2008, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You're much better off just finding a *thin* sheet metal one lining the back with epoxy, and cementing in a handle.. Pep would take days for any good resolution, and you'd still have to smooth it.

On the other hand, you can probably just grab a pep license, a CAD program, generate your model- it's an easy shape- import it to pep, and make your own. </my2cents></div>

Yeah..... What he said, LOL

That's really close, I don't think it needs to be so deep, maybe more dish shaped. BTW, i'm glad you're helping with this FS, i'm using you're pdo's to build my suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back