Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Daft Punk Helmet Files

I know there have been endless requests for these, so I decided to start digging around for them.

For someone who had done a model for them, but never got around to un-folding the model, so I took it, un-folded it, and scaled it (or at least, to as best of my knowledge...made it close to the same size as my MC helmet).

Anyways, here is Thomas' helmet - http://rapidshare.com/files/102836441/thomas.pdo.html

Guy's helmet -
    http://rapidshare.com/files/102904775/guy.pdo.html

Screens of the pattern :

Please, let me know if you start putting this together because I'm curious of how the scale is...it *should* fit my head, but I haven't started it yet (working on an EOD helm currently).

I'll add Guy's later...maybe tonight.

Have fun!

2. Woah, Sweet! thanks a Million!

I know tons of people will want these, maybe the threads will cease [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I made the guide that shows you how to make a costume from paper in 2008. OG 405th philly contingent

Thanks for posting the file, I&#39;ve printed it and am assebling now [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
    I tweaked it a little before printing (set angles to 165 and arranged it all for A4) and resized it to 27cm just to be safe... I&#39;ve done the jaw and visor so far and it fits pretty well, will upload some pics once I&#39;m finished.

Guy .pdo added.

The scaling on it is strange though...I have a feeling the only way to get a good fit is to actually test and error it...because I can&#39;t figure it out...at least, properly. Let me know if anyone has any success with it.

Also, I would highly suggest not doing the very small "screw" pieces on the side from paper...they *will* be tough to do.

Now the only challenge is to find some monster visor that&#39;ll fit this...

Plastic fishbowl or something? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol_2.gif[/img]

Yeah these are pretty new. I frequent another papercraft board, and these have been a long time coming.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nicktendo @ Mar 27 2008, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Now the only challenge is to find some monster visor that&#39;ll fit this...

Plastic fishbowl or something? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol_2.gif[/img]

Yeah these are pretty new. I frequent another papercraft board, and these have been a long time coming.</div>

Yeah, I found the models on /po/, but the original poster didn&#39;t unfold them, so I took the liberty to do it.

Also, I would suggest vacuum forming for guy...and either painting (no vision) or a dark tinted plastic (little vision). Either way, it won&#39;t be easy...lol.

lol for the other one all you have to do really is modify a eva helmet..

Down Loaded these myself. I&#39;m not ready to hit them, but this has my interest. I&#39;ll add it to the list after I finish ODST. Super Kewl stuff!!!! I&#39;m going to listen to some Daft Punk now. LATER!!

Cool, thanks for posting Guy&#39;s helmet as well [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Quick heads up for anyone doing Thomas&#39; helmet, the ear pieces have flipped faces so the folds that you see on the paper are actually reversed (mountain is now valley, valley is now mountain) which means you need to reverse the folds by hand as you&#39;re assembling it but only on the ear pieces, everything else is fine.