Aus-Nz Member And Event List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm.......-Long pause-,i think we deserve a 405th Aus forum now,seeing as we have at least 70 members.Thus it would be heaps easier to communicate with each other.

mjolnir follower said:
Hmmmmm.......-Long pause-,i think we deserve a 405th Aus forum now,seeing as we have at least 70 members.Thus it would be heaps easier to communicate with each other.

I agree, it would make it easier for everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Belakor can talk it up with adam and all the other mods,Because i seriously think it will make it easier.

A aus forum would be cool, also just a side note but does anyone here have any pics etc of recon? I need to look at the design of the chest so i can mold my two seperate chest pieces together. Its really hard to see it in most pics because of the gun q.q

Everything int he first post looks tip top to me mate! thanks heaps for that.

as to getting another forums, even though we have 70 members its not that many active members, although i have noticed quite a rise in active aussie member.

I also assume when you say your own forum you mean a subforum like the UK regiment? Could be a decent idea to take to the Admins...

Haha, Portal your reading this! Anyway, I'm Aus....

Vic, Warrnambool.

P.S i reckon a subforum would be sick, i really think for supplies and aussie costing etc it would be great. Plus for everything else.

Cheers, Dave.

Yeah,it would be a sub-forum,and simply with are active members,it will be at least active with info 5 times every week.

XxCALIBERxX said:
Haha, Portal your reading this! Anyway, I'm Aus....

Vic, Warrnambool.

P.S i reckon a subforum would be sick, i really think for supplies and aussie costing etc it would be great. Plus for everything else.

Cheers, Dave.

Added.

ILikeCats said:
Aww Where's my name on the list Belakor?

Sorry, must have missed you, you're there now.

Also, I divided the lists up into states/territories and cities (for NZ) so it's easier to find people in your general area. Another thing I'm messing around with is your costumes, you can see it next to me:

~ Belakor, Auckland (for now) - SPARTAN: Mk V, Recon

Is it needed? If people like it I can add other people's suits, maybe just the two you like most to save space, rather than listing everything you have ('cause that could get a little crowded)

I'll see what I can do about brining up the sub-forum idea too.

Alphahawk3 said:
A aus forum would be cool, also just a side note but does anyone here have any pics etc of recon? I need to look at the design of the chest so i can mold my two seperate chest pieces together. Its really hard to see it in most pics because of the gun q.q

Here's all the images of Recon I uploaded a while back:

Link

There's a few of the chest in there and I think I might have some others here somewhere...

... There's some more in this post:

Link

Awesome nice to see that theres more then 20 aussies like there was about 10 months ago lol and hopefully more n more in the futer :D (SUPER HAPPY FACE) WE'RE NO ALONE!! :p

P.S sub forum is an awesome idea where we can post our stuff to keep us in an organised area as well as allowed to post elsewhere "aussie and new zealand has talent to :plol "

I've put the idea for a sub-forum out there for the other mods and admins, will let you know what happens with that.

In other news, I was obviously bored today, very bored. I went through and fixed all the broken quotes in this thread because I had nothing better to do and they annoyed me :pThe question now is do I want to do the same to my MJOLNIR thread? :eek

Also, does everyone still meet up on MSN or whatever? I just set a new account up if you do:

belakor110@live.com

Add me if you're an Aussie or Kiwi :)

3 cheers to belakor for fixing the first pages woot didnt realise how many aussies there actually was AWESOME!!!!

GiR3892 said:
... didnt realise how many aussies there actually was AWESOME!!!!

Yeah, you're like rabbits. Multiplying all over the place! :lol :p

I'm kind of surprised there are more Kiwi's here but then at the same time I'm not. As far as I know I'm the only person out here with a full suit, other than the two Microsoft owned NAS suits (though they haven't been seen in years) and the Microsoft Rubies suit. I've never seen the former and only seen the latter once and the guy in the suit wasn't allowed to talk apparently.

That's cool though, means more time on the Warthog for me at Armageddon :p

Belakor said:
Yeah, you're like rabbits. Multiplying all over the place! :lol :p

I'm kind of surprised there are more Kiwi's here but then at the same time I'm not. As far as I know I'm the only person out here with a full suit, other than the two Microsoft owned NAS suits (though they haven't been seen in years) and the Microsoft Rubies suit. I've never seen the former and only seen the latter once and the guy in the suit wasn't allowed to talk apparently.

That's cool though, means more time on the Warthog for me at Armageddon :p

WARTHOG @ ARMOURGEDDEON!! fark. Thats it. Im cranking my suit.

mawrTRON said:
WARTHOG @ ARMOURGEDDEON!! fark. Thats it. Im cranking my suit.

Just to clarify, I don't know when/if the 'Hog will be at another 'Geddon, it's only ever been at one in Welly. This year Weta wasn't at Wellygeddon so neither was the 'Hog and I'm not sure if it'll make the trek to Auckland... if it does I'll definitely be going. Closer to the time I can ask but it's probably too early for them to even know.

Good news for Aussies, the Hog in here!!!! its also a chance to play ODST a few months before the release!

If your in Sydney, don't miss this, i will also be insanely jealous. I would make the trip up there, but i need to save my money for a con a few weeks after it.

I would kill to have it at Armageddon in Melbourne!

p0rtalman said:
Good news for Aussies, the Hog in here!!!! its also a chance to play ODST a few months before the release!

If your in Sydney, don't miss this, i will also be insanely jealous. I would make the trip up there, but i need to save my money for a con a few weeks after it.

I would kill to have it at Armageddon in Melbourne!

That's cool that they're getting it out there, makes sense to use it to build up the hype for the game ;) Hopefully some of you locals get out there in some armour for pics :D

In other news, I've started adding some suppliers to the first post, if anyone has any others post them up and I'll add them. In time I can move it over to it's own topic, just need some more stuff to justify it I think.

Also, does anyone (P0rtalman maybe?) have some of the dates and names of the Australian Cons?

Belakor said:
Also, does anyone (P0rtalman maybe?) have some of the dates and names of the Australian Cons?

Indeed i do:

IDEF/Egames melbourne, 30th oct- 1st nov - http://www.idef.com.au/

Supanova- Home - Supanova Comic Con & Gaming

BRISBANE 2010

April 9-11, RNA Showgrounds

MELBOURNE 2010

April 16-18, Royal Showgrounds

SYDNEY 2010

June 18-20, The Dome, Olympic Park

PERTH 2010

June 25-27, Claremont Showgrounds

G03, Perth - IIS7

Armageddon sydney, March 21st 2010 - http://www.armageddonexpo.com/au/

Thats all i can remember off the top of my head, ill check for others i missed later. (this list dosent include Anime conventions, if people want those let me know, ill make a list)

Also add these guys to suppliers:

Adelaide Moulding & Casting Supplies (good for sculpting clays and tools)

Mould Making Supplies and Model Making Products for Moulding and Casting in Melbourne | Dalchem (My recommended supplier of pretty much everything for props, great prices)

http://www.rowetrading.com.au/bra_smooth.htm (smooth-on products in aus, VERY expensive)

Cool, thanks for all that! I've updated it... kind of depressing to see the NZ events compared to the Aus ones :eek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back