Aus-Nz Member And Event List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, lets break down the design of the patch shall we....

Red text around the border, Aussie flag has the british one which has alot of red, so i thought red should have a place in it, plus, it breaks up the blue well enough. Halo text is there, and Southern Cross Spartans made sense for us Aussies anyway.

Metallic ring is a Halo Ring seen from the side profile.

The 2 Energy Swords, which are set in the "Crossed Swords" design from the Halo 3 multiplayer logos. Done in blue to represent the Australian flags blue :p

The Master Chief helmet at the back, cause well, he had to be there somewhere.

The Southern Cross, a unique part of the southern hemisphere, a stellar constilation which points due south, used by early navigators as reference. It's on various flags of our region of the world. (notice how they sit on the joins of the crossed energy swords :p

That is the basic rundown.

But things i DIDN'T WANT, the aussie flag, ODST Marines etc, cause they aren't as well known, assault rifles cause it's southern cross (ed) spartans so the swords suit the title.

How do you think of the black background?
Can you make a version with white?
Can you give me permission to save this and tinker with it myself?

you can play with the jpeg, but i have the Adobe Illustrator File which i am not gonna give out just yet, until we finalise the design.

SCSEmblem.jpg

Sorry can't get rid of all the reds without the original layers, but I think it looks better with a tinge of red as its border.

don't u think it should have the UNSC sign thing, like what the water mark is on alot of the 405th pictures some how?

We could assign colours to ranks or states for the badge too, NSW can have blue, QLD can have Red, Vic can have pink etc :p

The most important thing is, to keep the design simple so if we make these INTO patchs, they would actually look okay, cause they would loose alot of the finer details.

I think we should start with one patch idea and work from it. The reason i went with red, is cause we have red on our flag.

Zerebin said:
We could assign colours to ranks or states for the badge too, NSW can have blue, QLD can have Red, Vic can have pink etc :p

The most important thing is, to keep the design simple so if we make these INTO patchs, they would actually look okay, cause they would loose alot of the finer details.

why does Vic have to have pink??? wtf!... :angry ;) but I'm serious... no pink...

Yeah we should start with one for all of Australia, i like Z's original design. Do you want to send a PM to Adam and see what he thinks Z? Just get him to check out the discussion on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, i think your the man with the contacts around here, feel free to PM adam with the idea. Im not one for taking the spotlight, i might have designed it, but i designed it for all of us, so all the input is great. I had so many ideas i wanted to use, but i had to ditch them cause it would be to cluttered, i wanted to intergrate NZ in their somewhere.

I PM'd Adam

Yeah, that's cool. I raelly can't stand that halo font though. Just me.

He seems happy with it.

Are we all happy if i request this becomes the "official" Aussie logo and name. Or does anyone have some tweaking suggestions first?

And Z, If your looking at making this into a patch, PM spase, hes the brand manager for the 405th.

Yeah I'm all for the original design. Have you PM'd spase yet Z? Or do you want me to do it.

Your my number 1 man Portalman, so it's all yours. I can't do all the work around here, i have to delegate, it's something my work is trying to teach me :p

Reinforcements are here! I'm from Melbourne, VIC :) . (too bad no-one else is :( )

[attachment=8110:perfect_...ogo_copy.jpg]

A little contribution (don't expect anyone to take it seriously, though :p ). UANZC stands for United Australian New Zealand Corps. I didn't put Armour Corps 'cos I don't think it rolls of the tounge quite as well.

HAHA, nice job with the symbol hardbringer.
I'm boarding at Ballarat, so I'm only an hour from Melbourne ;) Are you going to Melbourne supernova?

i like the patch, the name too. the southern cross is generally associated with australia so it provides some identification. also i wanted all your input on something. ive been thinking of ways to customoize my armour to give it an australian army type theme. if you know the uniform at all you'd notice the rising sun biscuit on the left shoulder above the ANF. i was thinking of sticking a rising sun hat badge through the shoulder piece of my armour and maybe creating some kind of metal flag to go underneath. what do you think? im also thinking the flag should be the black version as its more spec ops. also if you like the idea i can buy you all hat badges and post them if you like. i can get as much of that stuff as i want.
cheers.

That's not a bad idea... Might get one before i take my armour overseas nest year :D

Melbourne supanova's coming up, next weekend from the 27th-29th.
If your a BSG fan (and really... who isnt :D) then you CANNOT miss it, Katee “Starbuck” Sackhoff AND Richard Hatch are going to be there!!
And if your a fan of anime, then i bet you've herd of Vic Mignogna, the voice actor best known for Ed Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist!!

(wow... id make a good promotion agent...)

It seems that all the members in vic aside from me aren't very active, but if you do see this, ill be there all 3 days:
friday- street clothes
Saturday- Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist
Sunday- Master chief, with his brand new assault rifle :D

I wont be in my armour all sunday, if I'm not in cosplay, ill try to be a recognizable shirt, the legendary armor shirt or my 405th shirt most likely.

Pics shall be posted after the con :D

Also, Any updates on the patch Z?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back