WORT! WORT! WORT! (translation) My Elite Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those thigh pieces look very nice. I can tell that you have the basic shape down. From what I have read it seems that you are going to resin and bondo these pieces. Once you do that you will be able to add all of the recesses and get a very nice, smooth bevel on all of the protrusions. This is a great base you've got going on!

Those thigh pieces look very nice. I can tell that you have the basic shape down. From what I have read it seems that you are going to resin and bondo these pieces. Once you do that you will be able to add all of the recesses and get a very nice, smooth bevel on all of the protrusions. This is a great base you've got going on!

that is exactly what I'm going to do, exept I'm going to add fiber glass to the inside for reduce wear and tear on the rubbing parts

One thing you might want to consider is that the thigh peice could really be divided into 2 different layers. It wouldn't be bad to add an extra layer on the larger part that actually covers the thigh. Also, after you bondo and what not, you could get some really deep recesses using a dremel without cutting all of the way through.

In addition to that, I circled a potion in the included picture. That "buckle" has a lot of detail and depth to it. Take a good look at it.

I have started the "Buckle" it would be completed with foamies

http://callybooker.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/design-funky-foam.jpg

that and all of the recesses would be the edges of the Foam, but they would be hardened with a layer of Resin. That would be my Idea, But I've never used Resin so I don't know if it wouldn't melt it. I'm gonna experiment before I use it. That would save on bondo, I will be using Bondo Also, but foamies make it easy it work with.

Dang, this is freaking sweet my friend! I'm normaly a scratch builder my self but I'm using pepakura for my Jorge armor to try it out. I might have to scratcch build the chaingun any way though. Keep up the good work, can't wait to your finished product. :cool

One word! AWESOME
Your pepping is looking amazing!
Keep posting your progress pics.

nice! that is my first time seeing an elite armor that's real.(eventhough it is not complete).
how are you gonna make urself look like an elite after you wear your helmet? assuming u are making one.
(if u are, i am sorry i asked because i didn;t really read all the posts)

I never have see monty python, but seinfeld is fun but you need to watch a good amount of episodes to get some of the comedy. and how the elite armor going?

I'm juggling several Projects, Restoring my Mrk. 6 (For Reach Release, not a Spartan III, but whatever) ,Ezio Auditore (For Release) The Elite (Not much of a Costume costume...more of just a proof of concept.) And Work....But sorry, no real progress as of yet, but I'm slowly working on the Pep Head....2 pages per day is all I can handle..I....HATE...PEP....

WOW i love all the covy builds on here it seems like it takes some testicular fortitude to even attempt an elite build and this seems to be looking very good. going to need some stamina to stay in those stilts at an expo or in a march GL with the build and keep us updated as you go

Update!

Most of the Upperbody is finished (the Cardboard Stage)
The Head pep is slowly being completed...

I have yet to Start on the Shoulders or the Forearms.
And the Bulge on the Back of the "Combat Harness"

Now, Onto the Pictures!

IMAG0003.jpg

Looking at it in detail...I noticed that The belt is on Upside down. I have to by some elastic/nylon straps...I'm holding both the Thigh and the Belt on... Very awkward.

IMAG0007.jpg

The rear end of the belt is yet to be completed, as well as the Hump on the backpack...

Slowly but Surely..another Elite will Join the Ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back