Felix Red VS Blue (first armor) WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I haven't tried this yet but apparently you can use latex caulk to fill in the seams on your suit and get smoother parts. Looking good so far though!

Build is progressing nicely!

I do think you should switch that utility knife for some scalpel blades though, your cuts will be a lot cleaner! :D

Keep it up

Thank you guys :)

How do you feel about Felix after the last few episodes? :p

Really, though, fantastic work!

Looking good so far, I noticed on the gauntlet some of the edges looked a little rough; something I would recommend to fix that is changing you're blade a little more often, its annoying but trust me it does help out a lot.

Also like Cayoke said latex based, or any 'flexible' calking can help fill in some of those seams and cracks.

Is that the fault in our stars in Spanish?

Your build is coming along nicely!
But I would make a suggestion just based on my readings here on the 405th, that you make sure the chest piece fits. There was a lady on here who had made a foam build of Sarah Palmer from Halo 4 (which is also scout armor) and had to wear a binder with her chest plate (it was a male chest plate). I don't know if that was exclusive to her case, or exclusive to the way she sized it or possibly even to scout armor or foam builds. Here thread is over here in the New Recruit forums. (I tried looking for more finished builds of females in male scout armor, but mostly found WIPs. At least, when looking for Sarah Palmer builds.)
and also I was gonna ask what Saeka went ahead and asked, a haha.
(The 'How do you feel about what we now know about Felix?')

How do you feel about Felix after the last few episodes? :p

Really, though, fantastic work!

Looking good so far, I noticed on the gauntlet some of the edges looked a little rough; something I would recommend to fix that is changing you're blade a little more often, its annoying but trust me it does help out a lot.

Also like Cayoke said latex based, or any 'flexible' calking can help fill in some of those seams and cracks.

Is that the fault in our stars in Spanish?

Your build is coming along nicely!
But I would make a suggestion just based on my readings here on the 405th, that you make sure the chest piece fits. There was a lady on here who had made a foam build of Sarah Palmer from Halo 4 (which is also scout armor) and had to wear a binder with her chest plate (it was a male chest plate). I don't know if that was exclusive to her case, or exclusive to the way she sized it or possibly even to scout armor or foam builds. Here thread is over here in the New Recruit forums. (I tried looking for more finished builds of females in male scout armor, but mostly found WIPs. At least, when looking for Sarah Palmer builds.)
and also I was gonna ask what Saeka went ahead and asked, a haha.
(The 'How do you feel about what we now know about Felix?')

Yes it is xD. Btw thanks for the suggestions :). And about the questions sorry but I can't answer it cause i didn't saw the last episodes. Btw I have some news about the project. I will make a diferent style of Felix, cause I saw a really good looking fan art: d41de971a7c5fa7eb2fae325f3c9e74d.jpg And aslo because I don't have the time to finish all the armor.
Tell me what do you think about this idea :)

Attachments

• how-to-train-your-dragon-2-hiccup-horrendous-haddock-iii-poster (1).jpg
    how-to-train-your-dragon-2-hiccup-horrendous-haddock-iii-poster (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 561
  • tumblr_mzw2knqoPS1swtm7ro1_1280.png
    tumblr_mzw2knqoPS1swtm7ro1_1280.png
    994.8 KB · Views: 428
Finally I can continue my cosplay since I start the vacations! I added some details in the forearms and the helmet and I installed the visor (don't know if it will be the final one) :

33tm98w.jpg
2hx506w.jpg
2dccu3p.jpg
15ryzox.jpg
33m9546.jpg

Attachments

• 33tm98w.jpg
    33tm98w.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 2hx506w.jpg
    2hx506w.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 2dccu3p.jpg
    2dccu3p.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 15ryzox.jpg
    15ryzox.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 33m9546.jpg
    33m9546.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 251
Felix is definitely one of the characters I hate most red vs blue, but I admit it is awesome and you build your armor is great, and I want to see your armor:)

Felix is definitely one of the characters I hate most red vs blue, but I admit it is awesome and you build your armor is great, and I want to see your armor:)

Thanks! Next week will be more updates

darkanbu here you have what you wanted xD
There are all the details of the helmet, forearms, shoulder and magnum M6G!! Also I made Felix's knife from the trailer of season 12 (scrach build):

4hbl1d.jpg
10q019z.jpg
15d3mmq.jpg
zlx4bn.jpg
2duxcuw.jpg
357q8hi.jpg

Here the gloves that I'm going to were:

2n7h3pj.jpg
3477447.jpg
nnpqvt.jpg

Well that's all! Now it's time for bondo and painting, and then it will be ready for the Manga Con from BCN (also I have to buy some clothes and fabrics)
REMEMBRE I'M GOING TO DO THIS STYLE OF FELIX THIS YEAR (fan art)! d41de971a7c5fa7eb2fae325f3c9e74d.jpg FULL ARMOR WILL BE MADE THE NEXT ONE!

Attachments

• 4hbl1d.jpg
    4hbl1d.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 276
  • 10q019z.jpg
    10q019z.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 15d3mmq.jpg
    15d3mmq.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 2duxcuw.jpg
    2duxcuw.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 251
  • zlx4bn.jpg
    zlx4bn.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 357q8hi.jpg
    357q8hi.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 267
  • 2n7h3pj.jpg
    2n7h3pj.jpg
    503.7 KB · Views: 248
  • 3477447.jpg
    3477447.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 242
  • nnpqvt.jpg
    nnpqvt.jpg
    668 KB · Views: 314
Last edited by a moderator:
I like that idea for Felix. I saw that artist's work for casual RvB character designs and instantly fell in love with them. I would have done it myself If I'd had the time to find the clothes or any knowledge of sewing lol.

You helmet looks great so far. Very smooth. Hope you have time to finish the rest of it as well some day though! :p

I like that idea for Felix. I saw that artist's work for casual RvB character designs and instantly fell in love with them. I would have done it myself If I'd had the time to find the clothes or any knowledge of sewing lol.

You helmet looks great so far. Very smooth. Hope you have time to finish the rest of it as well some day though! :p

Thanks! I was working really hard on the helmet, it was the first part I made being a noob xD. And yeah I love how Felix looks in casual clothes, but I will make it on february for the Japan Weekend of BCN, 'cause I was thinking of making a crossover with a Pilot of Titanfall, I think it will looks so badass and the MangaCon is near... About all the armor, don't worry I said I will continue it probrably in the weekends after the MangaCon ;)

I'm back and new updates !! everything is ready for the Manga Con of BCN :b
here some collages I made with some of the thousands of photos that did my friend xD

2wlu6v6.jpg
hrkn00.jpg
2eofo88.jpg

all is painted, including the nerf (buy black matte spray inadvertently and has been very cool lol)
well tell me what you think (Thursday or Friday I guess I will put some photos of the whole cosplay)

Attachments

• 2wlu6v6.jpg
    2wlu6v6.jpg
    875.9 KB · Views: 253
  • hrkn00.jpg
    hrkn00.jpg
    726 KB · Views: 262
  • 2eofo88.jpg
    2eofo88.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 238
As a fellow Felix, I can say that yours is coming along great! Will be awesome to see it finished :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back