Halo: Online ASSET RELEASES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
EDIT 09/04/2015: Armour files now available in the File Archive HERE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Hey there, 405th!

It's been a full year, to the day, since I released the Halo 4 assets to the public. On that anniversary, I'd like to share with you the next generation of assets for the prop-making community to enjoy. This is no April Fools - these assets are 100% real, straight from Halo: Online. I share these models with the community freely, in the hopes that they will be used to further enhance the projects that this community is so talented at creating.

Currently I'm aware of twenty-seven variants of armour and twenty-two new weaponry variants - this number is very likely to increase as we begin to learn more about the game and what it contains. Unfortunately, asset extraction is a little scrappy at the moment, and we only have sparse information about these new assets, which is making defining and archiving them all the more difficult.

At present we have available:
  • All twenty-seven armour variants
Weaponry extraction is in progress, and this post and thread will be updated as more assets are pulled from the game. All assets will be released with corresponding texture maps, to help budding modellers get a head start with these new files and create new content for the community.

As always: due to legal reasons, I am unable to release information regarding the acquisition of these files. Please don't ask me those questions, here or via PMs - you'll be turned away.

Attachments

• M7 ACC Render.png
    M7 ACC Render.png
    623.8 KB · Views: 2,762
Where will you be releasing them?

When they're ready, and not a moment sooner. As I've stressed previously: I want to ensure that these models are absolutely fit-for-purpose, which means my having to ensure they're all cleanly extracted.

Great work Chernobyl! Thanks for all the hard work and I can't wait to see what's in there. Out of curiosity, how many new weapons and armor sets do you see in there? Or is it all just lower poly versions of Halo 4 assets?

Last edited by a moderator:
so any idea when we might see the moded ar's?

READ

when they're ready, and not a moment sooner. As i've stressed previously: I want to ensure that these models are absolutely fit-for-purpose, which means my having to ensure they're all cleanly extracted.

PLEASE

Great work Chernobyl! Thanks for all the hard work and I can't wait to see what's in there. Out of curiosity, how many new weapons and armor sets do you see in there? Or is it all just lower poly versions of Halo 4 assets?

A lot. I've listed every UNSC weapon variant that I'm currently aware of, and there are roughly 20 armour sets following that to be pulled. Some armour variants are Halo 4 (Orbital/Air Assault) and some are brand new.

READ

PLEASE

A lot. I've listed every UNSC weapon variant that I'm currently aware of, and there are roughly 20 armour sets following that to be pulled. Some armour variants are Halo 4 (Orbital/Air Assault) and some are brand new.

I understand this and the reason why I asked is if these moded weapons are cannon (which I hope they won't be.) well they look anything like the art book weapons, because those where moded weapons and look the part the pistol doesn't even look like a pistol with the pwr mod... which doesn't even look like real gun.

I understand this and the reason why I asked is if these moded weapons are cannon (which I hope they won't be.) well they look anything like the art book weapons, because those where moded weapons and look the part the pistol doesn't even look like a pistol with the pwr mod... which doesn't even look like real gun.

You still need to do some reading, buddy:

Before I begin, I'm going to lay down a few ground rules regarding these assets. MOST of you will be fairly responsible about these things, but a few of you (and you know who you are) are going to be jumping up and down at me asking questions - so let's head some things off now instead of having to fuss around later.
  • Please keep the discussion about Halo: Online itself to a minimum. This is to be a drama-free zone, if you have thoughts about the game, take them to the relevant thread.
  • This is a work-in-progress venture. I do not have all of the assets at this time, and will be releasing them as I go. Please keep 'can I haz' requests to a minimum, lest ye suffer the wrath of my boot.

See the parts in bold. I'm not interested in discussion about how they look, or whether they're canon. I'm interested in getting the files out to the community. I apologise for snapping at you, but I'm really getting tired of you, in particular, just forging on ahead without reading the thread fully first. So, please save me the headache next time, read the thread before making a statement.

If you want to discuss the game, please make a Halo: Online thread in the General Discussion forum. This thread regards modelling, and asset releases - not whether or not you like the releases that are being put out.

Thanks CasualCosplayer. I plan to release all assets in full packs (Assault Rifles, SMGs, DMRs, Battle Rifles) which is why I haven't gotten much progress on this end for you guys to look at.

I do, however, have something you can all enjoy. Here's a sneaky peek at the BR85HB/RNG (RANGE) variant. RobTC will probably go nuts for it:

Attachments

• BR85HB RNG.JPG
    BR85HB RNG.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,199
Last edited by a moderator:
A bargain!

You know it!

Quick update before work, for those of you at home following:

- BR85HB Pack complete
- DMR Pack 95% Complete
- MA5D Pack Complete
- M7 Pack 0%
- M6H Pack.... something. Might need to re-pull the models.

After that I'll get the textures all sorted out - please bear in mind that these are not extremely high-quality models. It is highly recommended that you do not use these for Pepakura purposes, and instead import them into your preferred modelling program to either clean up or re-model. I will be providing full textures (normals and diffuse maps) for those who need them.

RIGHT. Pre-bedtime update for you all:

Just spent the past four hours pulling files, and getting them all settled into some semblance of order and quality. They're all currently packaged up in their own folders, waiting on textures - which I shall be pulling tomorrow when I have time. Full ETA for the files will be Monday 6th, barring any unfortunate mishaps with scheduling. I'd have the files along sooner, but as I've said, before and again: I want to ensure that these files are a quality release and not just pushed out haphazardly to fulfil the immediate whims of the community.

If things go smoothly I will have the files up sooner. If not, then Monday still applies.

Just looked at the M6 files after you mentioned them. Are they actually that messed-up in-game, or did something happen to them?

Just looked at the M6 files after you mentioned them. Are they actually that messed-up in-game, or did something happen to them?

Define 'messed up'. I've had to rip these manually and that's no real indicator of final quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back