Halo: Online ASSET RELEASES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost all the seams are open. Not just non-manifold (which is expected), but actual gaps. There could be other issues, but I didn't look any further.

I was just assuming that's what you meant when you said you needed to redo that model.

Almost all the seams are open. Not just non-manifold (which is expected), but actual gaps. There could be other issues, but I didn't look any further.

I was just assuming that's what you meant when you said you needed to redo that model.

Yeah, the problem is that I don't know if the model issues are due to the extraction process, or whether the models are actually like that. Either way, I've made a mention that major cleanup is required for this initial release - once I get access to the raw models as opposed to using a third-party ripper, I'll know more. It's very likely the models will be higher quality extracted properly as opposed to scene-ripped and adjusted.

We'll know more as time goes on. For now, I'm doing the best I can with this release, and people are welcome to use these assets as a means to re-model them in a higher definition.

Fair. Seems odd that it'd randomly adjust coordinate lines in the file, especially when the AR files were fine. But, I dunno. Not that it makes any difference to my process, I was just idly wondering.

I think it's pretty amazing just to have access to anything at all so early on, really.

Fair. Seems odd that it'd randomly adjust coordinate lines in the file, especially when the AR files were fine. But, I dunno. Not that it makes any difference to my process, I was just idly wondering.

I don't recall putting out the Assault Rifle files. But either way: the models extract slightly stretched along the Y axis, and I'm having to use the Halo 4 base files as a reference to ensure the output is scaled and proportioned properly. This is disregarding the fact that there are splits and open edges, and rotational distortion - I've done my best to ensure that the files are set up properly, but again, these rips aren't of the best quality.

Once I get access to a raw model pull straight from the game files, I'll be able to compare. As I've said in another thread, some models aren't directly accessible yet, so we won't know for certain until the full beta comes through.

Thanks very much for the support SpartaLazor.

This pack is almost ready to go out, but I'm having a little difficulty with the MA5D textures. I can't seem to locate a high-resolution version, which leads me to believe that either

- There isn't one
or
- I'm an idiot and I'm not looking hard enough.

Either is likely at this point. Other than that, the only work I have left to do is set these models up so they're ready for modellers to apply textures to - I may be done earlier than expected, but don't hold your breath. It's the Easter weekend, and I have a lot of shifts on at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure thing SpartaLazor but the main thing now is getting all of the materials and textures correctly named and assigned so that modellers are able to easily put together models and make better versions of these assets. This is going to take me the better part of the day, but I expect that if I stop procrastinating, I could probably push a release for tomorrow at about this time (1730GMT).

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw it. Have it all tonight. Because I'm such a generous soul oh god I want to die pleeeeeeeeeeease don't make me do this again I have been looking at these models for four solid days and I honestly want to kill an infant right now.

Download added to the OP. Go nuts, or something.

EDIT: oh, before I forget: the Assault Rifle not having textures included is deliberate, before you start hopping all up on my butt and riding me like a cheap donkey about it. The only currently-available textures are in an incredibly low-quality 256x256 resolution - if I can figure out how to access a larger, less cruddy version of the files, you'll get them. Otherwise... I unno.

Screw it. Have it all tonight. Because I'm such a generous soul oh god I want to die pleeeeeeeeeeease don't make me do this again I have been looking at these models for four solid days and I honestly want to kill an infant right now.

Download added to the OP. Go nuts, or something.

Munchos thank you. Which armor sets do you have? Are they new ones? Wait..never mind I'd rather be surprised.

Munchos thank you. Which armor sets do you have? Are they new ones? Wait..never mind I'd rather be surprised.

Some are new. Some aren't. We've got at least Soldier, Air Assault, Venator, EOD and perhaps Scout. The new ones are absolutely, completely, totally and utterly SCUM-CLASS bad. I'm not even kidding you.

okay, so I got the models and messed around with them. They look pretty good, but having to manually work the textures for the mods is a little annoying, but it's not really that hard. Also, I think you have a DMR model for the Battle Rifle's ROF model.

Yeah, that is the DMR in the new pack. The ROF BR85 variant does look somewhat similar though.

I believe that was me. I think i had messaged you about it. It was one of the majestic fire team members, from spartan ops. image.jpg

Is this it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 332
No worries, that's the only one. I imagine they all start looking alike after a mass rip.

True, but I accidentally overwrote the model in question, so I'll need to re-extract and work on it. It's work I wish I didn't need to do, is all.

I'll be home in a few hours and then I'll get it fixed. SBG, I'll note you about something special soon.

Well, looks like nobody's getting any releases for a while.

The tools I've been using to pull models from this game have decided to take the mother, father, and extended family, of all lickety-split-fits and stop working. I'm doing my best to resume the workload, but right now I'm being driven to an extensive bout of rather base, vulgar cursing that would certainly make any named deity (our dark lord Satan included) blush a pretty fine shade.

Until I can get things working - which may or may not require an entire clean re-install of all associated tools and software - I'm going to have to put this on hold and ask you all for a little patience. Believe me, I'm quite as upset as the rest of you and wanted to have some Nice Things pushed out for next week, but instead, I'm caught with my hands about five miles under the hood, up to my elbows in grease and wrenches, trying to get this fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back