HALO 5 Master chief petty officer SPARTAN John-117 foam build with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiefwannabe

ODSTs are great, but you know whats better? A spartan. And not just any spartan, The Master chief! the best of the best

I will no longer be a chiefwannabe! I will be a chief!!!! (that sounded cooler in my head)

Anyway Im going to be building the halo 5 variant of the master chief!

I am going to build the armour out of foam as usual but Im going to use pepakura for the templates this time, because if im going to do the chief I might as well do him right!
For the helmet I will either use pep,resin,body filler or buy a master chief disguise helmet and repaint it.

And as for the undersuit, I am going to try my hand at sewing it! I have read through all the threads I could find about sewing and pattern making. I also have a small bit of experience with sewing as I made a cushion for tech at school
IMG_5140.jpg

I have a small bit of progress as far as the armour goes. I free-handed the gloves over the weekend( see what I did there? , free-handed the gloves?) as I dont have pep yet and I got bored so this happened!
IMG_5135.jpgIMG_5137.jpgIMG_5139.jpgIMG_5136.jpg
I am so blown away by how this turned out even though they are not finished yet and I figured out a way of saving money on the painting. Don't worry about plasti-dip and just use exterior house paint! give it two coats, one to sink into the foam and one to bring out the colour! the weather it of corse.
The armour plates were glued on using hot glue and the hand plate had the back texture removed as the hot glue will just pop right of.

Now Ive done a tone of research on the chief and the halo 4/5 undersuits and the first thing I think I will do is make a duck-tape dummy so I can make the patterns. I will probably do this within a week or two because of, you guessed it, school.:cry

Im going to do this for two reasons, 1 because I don't have pepakura yet I don't want to sit around doing nothing. And 2, because once I do get pepakura I can scale the armour to fit me correctly due to the added bulk of the under suit.

I also made a few sketches of the finished thing. They are not the best in the world but they get the job done!
IMG_5141.jpgIMG_5142.jpg

well thats all i have for now! thanks guys!

(here we go again!)

Re: HALO 5 Master chief petty officer SPARTAN John-117 foam build with custom undersu

hey guys ! update time!
I had a good mate over today and we made a lot of progress
we made a duct tape dummy (never again) and we finished the hand plates!
IMG_2781.JPGIMG_2782.JPGIMG_2783.JPG

More updates soon!

Re: HALO 5 Master chief petty officer SPARTAN John-117 foam build with custom undersu

hey guys ! update time!
I had a good mate over today and we made a lot of progress
we made a duct tape dummy (never again) and we finished the hand plates!
View attachment 28873View attachment 28874View attachment 28875

More updates soon!
Omg haha that frist photo thought
anyway looks good man
ps do you know what's better than one pistol two pistols! Any way how much work did you do

Yeah I was reading through your thread! so jealous! Good luck with the painting !
Do You mean what I did and then what my mate did? I built the glove and he did the painting, and he and my mum both wrapped me up in duct tape.

Yeah I was reading through your thread! so jealous! Good luck with the painting !
Do You mean what I did and then what my mate did? I built the glove and he did the painting, and he and my mum both wrapped me up in duct tape.
Narr I meant with the gun
but never mind now I just decided to make them none Funchal

todays update!
I started trying to make the patterns for the undersuit but i ran out of masking tape so I will continue that during the week.

And in armour news, I made the shoulder and bicep parts, I free handed these as I thought I will be able to build them by looking at reference images.
IMG_5147.jpgIMG_5148.jpgIMG_5149.jpgIMG_5146.jpg

(the forearm in the last pic is not the final one, I made it about a year ago when i sucked)

todays update!
I started trying to make the patterns for the undersuit but i ran out of masking tape so I will continue that during the week.

And in armour news, I made the shoulder and bicep parts, I free handed these as I thought I will be able to build them by looking at reference images.
View attachment 28894View attachment 28895View attachment 28896View attachment 28897

(the forearm in the last pic is not the final one, I made it about a year ago when i sucked)
Omg foam is so much quicker than card stock you been at this how long 1 week 2 weeks and you all ready have just a bout passed me after over a month of work (but only a little amout of time spent is most likely 2 too 3 week)
but any way looks sweet

hey guys, update time!

I FINALLY got pepakura! so me being me I jumped on here, downloaded some files and started making some armor!
I made the forearm first, it took me two tries but I think I nailed it in the end

IMG_5161.jpgIMG_5162.jpgIMG_5163.jpgIMG_5164.jpg

I don know if the scale is right as it is a bit big
IMG_5156.jpg
Thanks guys

maybe you could use that piece for your shin?

I really want to make a Master Chief costume (from the Halo 5 trailer). You know what else you can use for the undersuit a wetsuit, the only problem is that they are expensive.
From Mr Ackbar
("IT'S A TRAP!")

I really want to make a Master Chief costume (from the Halo 5 trailer). You know what else you can use for the undersuit a wetsuit, the only problem is that they are expensive.
From Mr Ackbar
("IT'S A TRAP!")

I think you would die in a wetsuit given its propensity to trap heat and due to its inability to breath.

It would look really cool but...

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

From Mr Ackbar
("IT'S A TRAP!")

I think you would die in a wetsuit given its propensity to trap heat and due to its inability to breath.

It would look really cool but...

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

I was actually thinking of something like this as a back up plan. I found some sort of adhesive backed mesh stuff and i though of cutting the shapes out of that and then glueing then to one of those skin tight suit thingies( I have no idea what they are called)

I was actually thinking of something like this as a back up plan. I found some sort of adhesive backed mesh stuff and i though of cutting the shapes out of that and then glueing then to one of those skin tight suit thingies( I have no idea what they are called)

Ahh, I see. The texture would be great.

You might be thinking of a morph suit.

Ahh, I see. The texture would be great.

You might be thinking of a morph suit.

Yes thats it! thanks!

From Mr Ackbar
("IT'S A TRAP!")
what I'm doing is making 2 spandex suits and sandwiching foam between them in the right areas and sewing the foam in place to make my base undersuit. I will also add some foam to the outside of it if needed, and I will paint certain parts and add hex patterns where its needed. also, if you do it this way, make sure the undersuit goes up to your chin, like in the games, or else you will be able to see skin

what I'm doing is making 2 spandex suits and sandwiching foam between them in the right areas and sewing the foam in place to make my base undersuit. I will also add some foam to the outside of it if needed, and I will paint certain parts and add hex patterns where its needed. also, if you do it this way, make sure the undersuit goes up to your chin, like in the games, or else you will be able to see skin

Thats actually a really good Idea! I mights end up using this for my build!
Thanks man!

Thats actually a really good Idea! I mights end up using this for my build!
Thanks man!

Yeah. Thanks man. I've been in the 405th for a little, been searching around the forums and YouTube alot lately (I'm getting ready for my first build) and it's nice to finally start helping around. PS, I found this method on YouTube. It's a vid about how to make a muscle suit, but just by rearranging a few things and adding on, it is the best way to make an accurate and unable undersuit.

Yeah. Thanks man. I've been in the 405th for a little, been searching around the forums and YouTube alot lately (I'm getting ready for my first build) and it's nice to finally start helping around. PS, I found this method on YouTube. It's a vid about how to make a muscle suit, but just by rearranging a few things and adding on, it is the best way to make an accurate and unable undersuit.
Also, for a tip, if your doing it this way, only sew in big muscles if you want to Minimize the complete hell of sewing. I'm going to sew in the big muscles and other things that need to be sewn for movement reasons, the way it looks, etc), but for the other parts, I will just take like 1mm craft foam and make pieces that I can paint and glue onto the suit. For armored parts on the undersuit I will use thicker craft foam and maybe some 3/8 eva. So... That was my in depth on how to make imo the best undersuit for looks, mobility, and practicality. If you want to know how to do shoulders, go to impact props on YouTube for a great example. HAPPY BUILDING

Hey guys, I wish I had something to show here but I don't. The fuel for the fire has run out for this build and I have lost my motivation for it. Its mainly because every time I go into pepakura and I try and scale something it doesn't fit and is either too big or too small. But this has been a learning experience and no I have little more understanding of what to expect from something like this!
Also I don't think I am going to be doing another full suit in a while (maybe, Im not sure) as I have my ODST build and I can make small adjustments and upgrades to that!

I may come back to this build in the future but for now Im going to take my time for a bit.

Thanks guys!

Hey guys, I wish I had something to show here but I don't. The fuel for the fire has run out for this build and I have lost my motivation for it. Its mainly because every time I go into pepakura and I try and scale something it doesn't fit and is either too big or too small. But this has been a learning experience and no I have little more understanding of what to expect from something like this!
Also I don't think I am going to be doing another full suit in a while (maybe, Im not sure) as I have my ODST build and I can make small adjustments and upgrades to that!

I may come back to this build in the future but for now Im going to take my time for a bit.

Thanks guys!

You've been doing an amazing job on your costume and I'm serious.
I was really impressed with how much attention you've been paying into this costume and it's great.

If you need some break, of course you should take it rather than force it.
However, I'd love to see you coming back to this build. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back