Halo Reach Dialogue Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonus

Last August I entered a masquerade with my Jorge armour. I brought a cd with some Reach music to play, but I really wanted more than that. If I had the time I would've wanted to add voice clips of Jorge talking to make it look like I was talking. Now this year I have a lot more time to prepare, but I'm having trouble finding anything.

This is probably something I'll have to end up doing myself in Theater mode, but I just thought I'd ask this community if anyone knew of anywhere I might find Jorge voice clips and/or weapon sounds from Reach (since I'd also like to "fire" the chaingun I'm building).

HBO does have a Dialogue Database, but nothing in there is from Reach. Anyone know of anywhere else?

I think you might be able to decrypt the game disk on your PC and copy all of the dialogue files from it, the same way they ripped the 3D models for some of the early armor peps...

You can YouTube the cut scene, convert the video using Real Player converter into an mp3 and edit it through any program you want. That's what I'd do anyway :p

I think you might be able to decrypt the game disk on your PC and copy all of the dialogue files from it, the same way they ripped the 3D models for some of the early armor peps...

Hm, I'll have to figure out how to do that. That sounds like it would be the easiest way to get a thorough library.

You can YouTube the cut scene, convert the video using Real Player converter into an mp3 and edit it through any program you want. That's what I'd do anyway :p

I was searching through YouTube yesterday, but all I could really find was the cut scene of his death. I'd want more in-game and Firefight voice stuff.

Yeah. you'll need Youtube Downloader and an MP3 converter for that. That's probably the easiest way to do it. Look for someone's firefight video with Jorge's voice in it. You'll find some more dialogue there too.

Which con masquerade are you entering into?

I only found one Jorge FF video on YoutTube, so it looks like I'll have to make my own. The hard part is that in FF there's also lots of other noise going on too. If I could just extract the files that would be best, but it seems like it's really complicated. I don't have a bungie pro account, so I'll just have to figure out how to record from my xbox to a computer. I already have recording software, just need to figure out how to make the connection work...

The masquerade I'll be entering is Fan Expo in Toronto, same as where I was last year.

Well I'll start by saying you won't be able to rip it from the game disc yourself, it's protected for the sole reason of preventing people from ripping the files. The folks who do have the capability of ripping the files won't do it for you because they'll have a very fun lawsuit on their hands within the day. So let's toss that out now so we don't get anybody's hopes up.

As for recording gameplay and ripping the audio, you're going to have a tough time unless you have a) a capture card/Bungie Pro and b) a good way to make Jorge's lines come up without creating background noise in the process. A decent capture card will run you nearly $100 and is more or less a waste unless you plan to do a lot of YouTube uploading, I would definitely recommend Bungie Pro over it. Either way, you'll end up paying some amount of money to get the audio you want unless you find some benevolent soul willing to do it for you. Getting Jorge's lines out without some sort of gunfire, enemy gibberish, etc. in the background is going to be difficult from what I remember of Reach. I haven't a clue what you should do about that.

I wish you good luck, but keep in mind that the voice stuff isn't exactly necessary so there's no reason to spend $50-$100 on it unless you really treasure that gimmick like a gold brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back