M6J(C) Carbine 3D Printable Model (Non-moving Parts ATM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toomtoomX

Hey guys, toom here. For the past 2-3 months, I've been working on a special project.
M6J(C).png
M6J(C)2.png
M6J(C)3.png
I used Autodesk Inventor as my modelling software (Its on the computers in the engineering dept. at school) and the entire thing was drawn up and modeled at school.
The images I used as reference, the ones I measured meticulously time and time again, are from veteran prop builder Tactonyx, his work is the sole basis of this, and I thank him greatly.
I'll post files if you want them later, the bell just rang for passing period here at school.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very interesting to me, I wasn't aware the carbine variant had any sort of canonical model. Looking good though. And damn that's a long magazine.

This is very interesting to me, I wasn't aware the carbine variant had any sort of canonical model. Looking good though. And damn that's a long magazine.
To clarify, I used this image
Da+Guns+018.JPG
plus the information (IE 355mm barrel length and ammunition used being the 12.7mm x 30/40mm M225 Semi-Armor-Piercing High-Explosive/.50 Caliber Magnum Rounds) provided by Bungie on their site to scale and shape the gun. Tactonyx said when I emailed him that the prop was, besides the M6C base, of his own design. So no, unfortunately it is not canon, but its as close as I could get it with provided information. Sorry for the confusion...
But thank you nonetheless.

Also, as a side bit, the magazine may seem quite large for a normal carbine, but remember, this is a full / semi auto .50 caliber CQB weapon, though the kick on this thing, were it a real gun, would be rather large for you and me, but yeah, I'm thinking that this particular magazine could probably hold between 24 rounds at the minimum (based on the M6C magazine) and 32 rounds at maximum (based on knowledge of its size, the round, the spring, and sizes of magazines for modern day SMGs).

Last edited by a moderator:
M6J_0001.png
Adding some detail work on the grip of the M6C component of the Carbine.
Let me know what you guys think, Its nice to have feedback from the community.
Also, do you guys think the dots on the grip should be divots (depressions) or bumps (elevations)? its an easy change either way, just thought I'd ask

View attachment 5773
Added some color, just experimenting with the appearances tab. I wish I could print this on the printer at school, but, well, its a gun in the eyes of some, and all it takes is a one person and I get suspended for stupid stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back