Props Working Halo M6G Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

transmut1

Ok so I finally got around to getting something of build posted on here. I have tons of pictures for this, so I'll go back thru at some point and add those, but I think a video is way better anyway. :)

So it all started last year in early spring, I purchased an M6G from Justin over at Branfur Studios. I then purchased a toy pistol that I think most of us have, that simple beretta that has recoil and various sounds. I then thought, heck I can put these two together! I mean Justin did design his kit to be built that way, I think, although I think I went over board hehe. I always take things to the extreme.

So, after 2 months of painstaking work and numerous variations on internals, I finally ended up with the below video. It took on average 2-3 hours a day for everyday of those 2 months. One solid 8 hour day just to do most of the machining to thin out the body of the gun. Which I did on a 2 axis milling vice and drill press. Raise the table an 1/8" and mill, raise again and mill. Some of the walls are less than a mm thick! Which I had to push them against the bit from the outside to get it to cut, incredibly dangerous!!! Do not repeat this if you can help it!

What I am working on is a fully insertable kit that I will sell or have Justin possibly sell with a possible New model of his gun if you guys are interested enough. I don't typically make stuff cheap for myself, but I do design and make things to last! :) I'm a few months out on any New prototype though, so let me know what you think of everything so far! :) thanks for looking.

I will try to make anything I come up with as cheap as possible though. :)

Working Halo M6G Pistol for cosplay: http://youtu.be/UOAWB2WskoM

that is so awesome! i was wondering if someone would find a way to do that must of been a challange

I actually had the same idea a while back, but never got around to finishing it. Very good work!

The only bit of criticism I have is the trigger. It looks tiny in comparison to the rest of the pistol. If there is any way for you to replace it with something more screen accurate, it would be near perfect.

Thanks guys, yeah the trigger is something that has always bugged me, but on version 2.0 I'll fix that and also add the programmable sound card unit for game accurate sounds. :)

It was a major challenge to build this, seriously, there were nights where I spent hours on something just as insignificant as how to get the battery contacts to work inside, there is only room to fit my index fingers in there, so you can imagine how utterly impossible things felt like the whole time! but it was totally worth is. :)

That's some great work! Did you disassemble the original gun to use just the moving parts, or was it literally built into the M6G?

I was also wondering what the small metal bars on the front and back were. Are they weights to increase the kickback effect, or something more to do with the structure/strength of the pistol?

Sorry for the late response.

I chop shopped the toy gun and used some of it as original, but the slide return I had to redesign and re-endgineer to get it to work right. The new build will incorporate everything in a much simpler and slimmer design.

Those aren't weights at all, heh, on the slide they actually slow it down. Those are the magnets I use to have it attach to my thigh armor just like in the game. :)

The internals are the original sound unit from the toy gun, the only way I could really fix the sound is to pull that card out and redo the wires to an adafruit board, which is the plan going forward, unfortunately I epox'd the toy gun piece inside, so getting that out and changing it, will be all but impossible on this build. :(

However for the new design, it will be way easier, I just need to make it accessible for the usb part of the card so people can make any changes they want. I put one of these cards adafruit pt. 2210 I think in my new gun and it works awesome, it also has a built in amplifier, so once I get another one i'll get to toying with it and the rest of the gun to see how it all sounds. :)

Awesomw job bro, i had an idea , if you know work with cardboard, why not make the outside with cardboard , so the recoil effect would appreciate more, because cardboard is lighter.

Awesomw job bro, i had an idea , if you know work with cardboard, why not make the outside with cardboard , so the recoil effect would appreciate more, because cardboard is lighter.

Interesting idea, however cardboard would not hold up on a build like this. It does not have the strength needed.
What would make the recoil work better is if I made the pin and spring inside longer, but i'll incorporate that on the newer version. :)

You have inspired me to keep working with my M6G. I don't know precisely where to get toy pistols like that in kiwiland but I do have a 'toy' BB gun that might at least do the job for now. My full plan is to buy a new one and rebuild my Magnum around it. Is that sort of what you did?

I bought the Branfur Studios full scale prop gun and machined out all the inside of it, and then took the toy gun and chopped it all up to just what I needed and what I could get to fit inside the body of the pistol after machining. It was a lot of trial and error to get things to fit right, but it came out great. The internal width for parts is a little smaller than the width of my thumb, so it's very hard to work with things. Almost like you're doing surgery with needle nose pliers and screw drivers, heh.

That pistol is jaw dropping mate. Came to a similar idea for my SMG after noticing the lack of trigger arm :unsure
But I'm a long way away from something this cool. Brilliant work.

That pistol is jaw dropping mate. Came to a similar idea for my SMG after noticing the lack of trigger arm :unsure
But I'm a long way away from something this cool. Brilliant work.

Thanks man!! Yeah it currently has broken sound, so I need to do repairs and a bit of redesign on the spring system, but when I get the improved version down i'll post more on it. Glad you like!

that is pretty damn aweome might do something like this with a halo 5 AR somewhere in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back