Props Halo 4 Battle Rifle (BR85 Heavy Barrel Service Rifle) 3D print ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarterBuilder12

Hi!

I have the last few weeks worked on WMHunterTLS model for the Halo 4 Battle Rifle to get it ready for 3d printing. The model look awesome, but the topology was so messed up. It wasn't made for 3d printing so can't blame him for that, so I did the only thing I could and that was to sit down and work on it the best i could. I am still pretty new to 3d modeling so I know there are thing i could possibly done better. Since I removed some detailing I am thinking of releasing a v2. I have allready began 3d printing it.

20160225_165724.jpg

I am printing at 0.15mm layer hight with a 0.6mm nozzle. The screws comes out quite good.

Since there wasn't any magazine I modeled one, it's simple, but it works.
I wanna thank WMHunterTLS for the model, all creds to him for making this.

Halo 4 Battle Rifle.png

For now, I hope you all like it and here is the file. I have not scaled it up to scale, if you want to 1:1 you need to set the scale to 5.76.
If you guys want a finished sliced version that is also hollow out, then just PM me.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DF5062653D9DADB6!2565&authkey=!AHeM08CpbFZn_rI&ithint=file%2crar

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope it turns out��

So here a little update. I have printed out some more parts and glued them togheter. Also use some leftover filament to make the connections extra strong.

20160228_202827.jpg

They are coming out quite nicely, but now I have to wait some time because I'm out of PLA filament :/
And almost forgot, printed this out a week ago.
20160228_204325.jpg
20160228_204332.jpg
20160228_204339.jpg

still not glued togheter.

Finally update time on the rifle! :D
We finally got alot more filament so we could continue working on stuff. So we printed the rest of the parts for the rifle first and i melted the parts together with a soldering iron and some spare filament bits to make a strong bond. Right after that i began sanding it down to a smooth surface, not quite done with that yet, but it's comming along nicely :)

20160505_202827.jpg

thats all for now, will hopefully come more updates soon ;)

Beautiful work CarterBuilder12. I can't wait to see it finished. I'm glad to see Martyn is still making models. His Spartan Laser model was a significant starting point for my long Spartan Laser project. It's great to see more of the virtual models coming to life.

Redshirt

Beautiful work CarterBuilder12. I can't wait to see it finished. I'm glad to see Martyn is still making models. His Spartan Laser model was a significant starting point for my long Spartan Laser project. It's great to see more of the virtual models coming to life.

Redshirt

Thank you :)
I loved watching your airsoft spartan laser build it was awesome!
To go with the battle rifle i have began to make master chief from halo 4/5 armor 3d printeble. almost done with the torso and butt plate and part of the cod.
Halo 4 master chief chest and rear.png Halo 4 master chief chest and rear 2.png Halo 4 master chief chest and rear 4.png Halo 4 master chief chest and rear 3.png

Not sure if i will share these files.

And as a little extra tease I have worked a little on the noble armor, it is cleaned and subd, but no detail yet.
noble.png

I'm back :)
so there has been a little while since last update. I have been doing alot lately. exams, 3d modeling of armors and helmets and just life. But i have done some work on the rifle the last two days and it almost done now. Just remaining decal on the other side and some weathering.

20160609_012038.jpg 20160609_012044.jpg 20160609_012050.jpg 20160609_012058.jpg 20160609_012119.jpg

I went for a "this gun has survived a war" look :p

I'm back :)
so there has been a little while since last update. I have been doing alot lately. exams, 3d modeling of armors and helmets and just life. But i have done some work on the rifle the last two days and it almost done now. Just remaining decal on the other side and some weathering.

View attachment 28048 View attachment 28049 View attachment 28050 View attachment 28051 View attachment 28052

I went for a "this gun has survived a war" look :p

If you don't mind me asking, how did you smooth the print?

What filler primer? I'm working on finishing a ghost from Destiny and am using auto body resin as a filler, but I don't think its the best.

I'm using dupli-color automotive filler primer, but there are lots of other that have filler primer. just make a google search on the brand of pray paints that are in your country and add filler primer. it's a thicker primer which you can sand down again and get a smooth surface. you can also use whats called bondo or putty filler to smooth the surface. it's many way to the same result, but of course it does thake time ;)

Sweet thanks for sharing the files!
It is ok if I use them right? Or do I need to pay you or something?

I know this threads been up for a minute but wanted to say how awesome I think this turned out. Even the paint looks great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back