Gurren Lagann mech project (.objs for building)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life has been attacking me with Dungeons and Dragons, college work, Spartan 1337 armor, and awesome anime. I really have to get going on the feet. One of my classes are canceled today, so maybe I could do it then...no promises though ;)

Regrettably, no progress on the feet :( I've been working on my drawing skills and several anime series for the past few weeks. Maybe I'll get around to it today, as my activities have circled back around to gmax :D

Hi again, saw your guyver pep project (which is looking awesome btw). Just wondering if Gurren Lagann has been canned. Keep up the great work.

This is truly something that I look forward to. I just got into the series and spent two days just watching the entire thing I absolutely love it.

hey man, its been a while. have the files been completed?

I've been a little out of touch lately with adjusting to a new college, not to mention going landing in the ER before the summer was over...

Anyway. I finished the foot a little while ago, but haven't gotten around to uploading anything due to the 405th being blocked by google for hosting malware (the last time I checked, anyway). Here's a screenie:

gurrenlagannboot.jpg

And now, a zip file containing all the parts (I think):

http://www.mediafire.com/?wt5t02nr2959gu5

Now to move onto making an already existing robocop model more screen-accurate:

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/37989-WIP_Robocop_Costume

I dunno whether or not I'll be making Gurren Lagann or Robocop. Or maybe I'll just do both.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/37989-WIP_Robocop_Costume

sucks to hear about the ER.
i actually just got all the files for the gurren about 3 weeks ago and made the into full size peps.

sucks to hear about the ER.
i actually just got all the files for the gurren about 3 weeks ago and made the into full size peps.

It's hard to keep track of what I've done. Still, nice to have all the .objs in one tidy package. Can't wait to see how your Gurren Lagann turns out.

thanks. i only have one roll of foam right now and another project to finish before i can start it. i should have the head built by december. need to have the wip done by halloween first

Ok, so I started unfolding the file (as an entire thing), ready to exercise my computer's hibernation skills until it is finished and I can print it as a .xps file (still don't have $42 for a license key at the moment). I estimate the entire thing for a 5'11" person to be about 200 pages... for foam pieces at $0.33 (12 pack of 12X18 sheets cut in two) each that makes... $66, not including glue. Should be able to finish by the time anime boston rolls around. Definitely not for Halloween, though :(

here is the body and head of mine. it would take too much to load every part.
i only use half of the model, cause it would be a waste of stock to print both sides.
this one is built for foam.
539477_10152174331730607_1679258257_n.jpg

552164_10152174332085607_2120570553_n.jpg

here is the body and head of mine. it would take too much to load every part.
i only use half of the model, cause it would be a waste of stock to print both sides.
this one is built for foam.
539477_10152174331730607_1679258257_n.jpg

552164_10152174332085607_2120570553_n.jpg

tumblr_loo13htYZo1qfihob.jpg

It's so beautiful...

lmao, thanks. but i cant take all the credit. i dont know who the original artist was.
but i did have to redraw every line on it to have the parts connect.
next month i will be starting something. maybe the body just to get the scale right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back