Halo 4 Pepakura (Files within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zaff
~70% done with the torso, then only the backpack after that.
Will release all files simultaneously.

Torso is not really pep compatible in anyway whatsoever - that's why it's taking a bit longer. Would be best as foam, but unfolding for pep anyway.
Might attempt a foam unfold when all files are complete, and released.

Alrighty. Can't wait to get my hands on the leg files so I can start planning out my potential Halo 4 build. Already had the Soldier helmet and Wetwork chest, and now I've got the Mark V shoulders and forearms, so the ODST legs are all that's left to complete it.

The Mark V torso ended up having a free-floating sliver on the back plate that refused to be joined to any other piece, but where it would attach is in the middle of an already solid piece, so I guess it was meant to be a ridge/detail piece, perhaps? At any rate, the updated Mark V is up and I took down the WIP file. Managed to fit that sucker onto only 18 pages at that scale.

So, for those waiting 'til the end, the complete Mark V armor set from Halo 4 is now available by following the link in my signature. Other Halo 4 files I've unfolded there include the Boltshot, Hi-def and Low-def Railguns, Hi-def and low-def Pathfinder helmets, and the Soldier helmet. Just note that none of these models were made by me, I just unfolded them. The models were done by other members of the community.

Has anybody taken a crack at the H4 Scout chest? The other files are up, but the chest is missing.

D3z8a.jpg

I also need the female variant for all of the Recon stuff, and then the Contour arms and legs :/ so many files needed ._.

I recently got my hands on the necessary materials for asset extraction and I've been looking at the Scout set myself. I'd like to be able to say that I could help you out with that request, but unfortunately some of the models just aren't pep/foam-friendly in their natural state. I'd have to virtually re-model the chestplate in order for it to be usable, and that's a lot of work I simply don't have the time and effort for right now.

But, I'll keep pecking away at things and if I manage a breakthrough I'll be sure to inform you :)

Alrighty. Can't wait to get my hands on the leg files so I can start planning out my potential Halo 4 build. Already had the Soldier helmet and Wetwork chest, and now I've got the Mark V shoulders and forearms, so the ODST legs are all that's left to complete it.

The Mark V torso ended up having a free-floating sliver on the back plate that refused to be joined to any other piece, but where it would attach is in the middle of an already solid piece, so I guess it was meant to be a ridge/detail piece, perhaps? At any rate, the updated Mark V is up and I took down the WIP file. Managed to fit that sucker onto only 18 pages at that scale.

So, for those waiting 'til the end, the complete Mark V armor set from Halo 4 is now available by following the link in my signature. Other Halo 4 files I've unfolded there include the Boltshot, Hi-def and Low-def Railguns, Hi-def and low-def Pathfinder helmets, and the Soldier helmet. Just note that none of these models were made by me, I just unfolded them. The models were done by other members of the community.

Thanks for doing these Zaff, I can't wait to give them a try and see how they look. You did a great job on the torso especially!

Glad to do it, and glad to help, and glad to help put more files into the hands of the 405th.

I recently got my hands on the necessary materials for asset extraction and I've been looking at the Scout set myself. I'd like to be able to say that I could help you out with that request, but unfortunately some of the models just aren't pep/foam-friendly in their natural state. I'd have to virtually re-model the chestplate in order for it to be usable, and that's a lot of work I simply don't have the time and effort for right now.

But, I'll keep pecking away at things and if I manage a breakthrough I'll be sure to inform you :)

If there's an .obj for the scout armor, I'd gladly remodel it myself, if I could get my hands on it.

Database Update

Turns out a number of files had "slipped through the cracks" over the last couple of months.
A couple of helmets and weapons. Those have all been added.

Mark V, and ODST Infinity armour have also been added.
\\Database\Halo 4\Infinity\...\
Also check out \Halo 4\Requiem\ - we could use some more files here.

You know the drill with these things by now.

-------
If there's an .obj for the scout armor, I'd gladly remodel it myself, if I could get my hands on it.
It's a serious mess. Are you sure you want to try?

Started going through the ODST leg files and noticed on the thigh, page 4, the piece at the bottom has an overlap on the right side. I'll let you know if I find any more on the legs.

Edit: Knee and shin have a few as well.

Started going through the ODST leg files and noticed on the thigh, page 4, the piece at the bottom has an overlap on the right side. I'll let you know if I find any more on the legs.
>> My nefarious plan has been revealed! How on earth did you discover it?!

In all seriousness, it was probably just a simple oversight from the zoom level I was working at.
What are you suggesting I do about them? Some of them are only fractions of a millimeter overlap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I'm just pointing them out so that people wil lbe aware of them. With the thigh it's simply an overlap from two pieces being connected, which could be resolved just by disjoining the two pieces along the fold line in the program before printing. Left unchecked, though, even that small of an overlap can really throw off the pepping process, as those few milimiters will be transfered across every other piece that attaches from there, leaving much bigger gaps or severely distorting the finished build.

Nothing against your unfolding work, I know you put a lot of time into it, but I'll be altering the unfold for the leg files anyway just to better accomodate my pepping style. I can put those up in my 4shared when I'm done if you'd like. If nothing else that will be 4 less files that will have to be checked for overlaps. If I can gather up the time and ambition I could check the other files, too, and if any overlaps they have are as simple as the one I found on the thigh, I can adjust and upload them as well. Jsut can't make any guarantees on when or even if I'll be able to get to that.

Honestly I'm just pointing them out so that people wil lbe aware of them. With the thigh it's simply an overlap from two pieces being connected, which could be resolved just by disjoining the two pieces along the fold line in the program before printing. Left unchecked, though, even that small of an overlap can really throw off the pepping process, as those few milimiters will be transfered across every other piece that attaches from there, leaving much bigger gaps or severely distorting the finished build.

Nothing against your unfolding work, I know you put a lot of time into it, but I'll be altering the unfold for the leg files anyway just to better accomodate my pepping style. I can put those up in my 4shared when I'm done if you'd like. If nothing else that will be 4 less files that will have to be checked for overlaps. If I can gather up the time and ambition I could check the other files, too, and if any overlaps they have are as simple as the one I found on the thigh, I can adjust and upload them as well. Jsut can't make any guarantees on when or even if I'll be able to get to that.
I'll take a look from my end, and see if I can resolve them. Only the overlapping edges though - if they're parallel, or skewed outwards, I'm leaving them as is.

It's a serious mess. Are you sure you want to try?

It honestly doesn't seem -that- bad, in retrospect. I've cleaned up most of the breastplate in one night, removed the 'junk' (floating faces for decals, and the like), but the main issue seems to be the sheer number of intersecting objects. For example:

- The 'jetpack pods' on the back of the plate clip through the backplate quite severely.
- The cross-brace linking the back and breast plates together at the shoulder clips through those corresponding parts
- The cross-brace linking the back and breast plates together at the waist also clips, and comes in two parts
- The gut-plate connected immediately beneath the breastplate clips with said part slightly

The work to clean this all up could be done, but it would take some dedication to do so. A complete re-model might be a better option indeed.

I'll endeavour to make the raw Palmer file available to you as soon as I can. I've done some work to the [Scout] helmet and given that work a test-build, so I'd be happy to publish that piece after a few more fixes, plus I'm working on the Outer-Plated legs from the boot up, but some help would almost certainly be appreciated.

It honestly doesn't seem that bad, in retrospect. I've cleaned up most of the breastplate in one night, removed the 'junk' (floating faces for decals, and the like), but the main issue seems to be the sheer number of intersecting objects. For example:

- The 'jetpack pods' on the back of the plate clip through the backplate quite severely.
- The cross-brace linking the back and breast plates together at the shoulder clips through those corresponding parts
- The cross-brace linking the back and breast plates together at the waist also clips, and comes in two parts
- The gut-plate connected immediately beneath the breastplate clips with said part slightly

The work to clean this all up could be done, but it would take some dedication to do so. A complete re-model might be a better option indeed.

I'll endeavour to make the raw Palmer file available to you as soon as I can. I've done some work to the [Scout] helmet and given that work a test-build, so I'd be happy to publish that piece after a few more fixes, plus I'm working on the Outer-Plated legs from the boot up, but some help would almost certainly be appreciated.
Agreed, the front half of the (chest) mesh is mostly fine - but anything past the shoulders is a mess of intersecting geometry. The ab plates are really minor, and can be solved by just shifting that part down slightly.

Since I'm on a bit of a roll at the moment, I can start on the upper arms, move to legs (depending on who gets where first), then go for torso last. I have got a bit of ground work on the chest already, but can't really work on it for extended periods of time - it actually causes extreme frustration to see mesh like that. It's not even symmetrical.
I think some topology breaking booleans might be required. A necessary sacrifice.

Don't worry about getting the files to me, I've had the toolset and models for quite some time.

@Zaff - Had a look, most of them should be fixed now. Files updated.

It actually causes extreme frustration to see mesh like that. It's not even symmetrical.

That was my first port of call - cut it in half right down the middle, and mirror it. I can't stand working with a file that's meant to be symmetrical, and isn't. Ah, well... can't even blame it on Bungle any more :/

That was my first port of call - cut it in half right down the middle, and mirror it. I can't stand working with a file that's meant to be symmetrical, and isn't. Ah, well... can't even blame it on Bungle any more :/
Same here - Symmetry modifier is the first thing added to helmets and chest pieces, every time now.
Bungle. Heh.
Most of their models weren't all that bad. It's only past H3, that the models have open, intersecting mesh. H1/2 was sealed mesh only (as far as I can remember).

Turns out I'd done most of the clean-up work already. Finished up some broken edges and verts. Exported and ready for unfolding over the next few days.
Except the chest. That's going to take a bit longer.

Agreed, the front half of the (chest) mesh is mostly fine - but anything past the shoulders is a mess of intersecting geometry. The ab plates are really minor, and can be solved by just shifting that part down slightly.

Since I'm on a bit of a roll at the moment, I can start on the upper arms, move to legs (depending on who gets where first), then go for torso last. I have got a bit of ground work on the chest already, but can't really work on it for extended periods of time - it actually causes extreme frustration to see mesh like that. It's not even symmetrical.
I think some topology breaking booleans might be required. A necessary sacrifice.

Don't worry about getting the files to me, I've had the toolset and models for quite some time.

@Zaff - Had a look, most of them should be fixed now. Files updated.

Does this mean we have a person working on Scout?

Does this mean we have a person working on Scout?

People, yes. I've got the helm ready, if you'd like it sent.

EDIT: This is what it should look like when built:

PG40HHK.jpg

DOUBLE EDIT:

MS7, if you want to fire some of those files my way to unfold I'd be more than happy to help.

@GenericCola
Yes. People.
But they're the female variants only. Helmet is universal though.

@Arcanine
That is a nice looking helmet!
Visor feels like it needs a slight lip around the bottom edge though, to distinguish it from the rest of the helmet a bit more.

Who knows, we might even tackle the (campaign spartan) Recruit armour after this.

MS7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back