Southwest Regiment Roll-Call: Please Post if you are in Southwest U.S.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WandererTJ

This is a Roll Call to all Spartans, ODSTs, Marines, and Covenant Forces alike who are in the Southwest of the United States.
We are currently in the process of trying to create a Southwest Regiment, which will be in charge of hosting conventions that occur in the Southwest and so that we can get together when possible and possibly have some crafting parties or whatever. The Regiment will also be useful for those who'd like to carpool to/from a Convention. There are a lot of things we can do as a Regiment, currently our main limitation is how wide spread we are, which means being able to communicate and know who our other nearby members are will be invaluable.

This is a shout-out to everyone from the states: Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico
As well as nearby neighboring states: Kansas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Colorado, and Missouri

Please post in this thread if you are from 1 of the above states. I need to know who all is active within (or near) this region of the U.S.
At least post responding whether or not you are in the region, everything below is bonus and helpful info I would like but is not required.
• If you can speak up for another member that you know of in your area, please do. (This can include family members that are non necessarily on the forums)
• If you have a finished build(s), please mention what it is/they are. (Halo 3 MP, Halo 2 Master Chief, Halo Reach MP, etc)
• Please post info about any Conventions that you know of in your state and list these details:
• The City/State the Convention is in
• The date the Convetion was held on in the previous year (or when the next one is scheduled for)
• What type of Convention is it? (Anime, Comic/Superhero, or Gaming)
• Bonus: What was the attendance size for the convention this past year?​
• Please mention what out-of-state Conventions you would be willing to go to
• Please take the time to mark yourself on the Member Map: http://www.405th.com/membermap.php, some people are having issues with their marker originally appearing off of Africa, so if you can't find yours, it might be good to check on another continent.

Oklahoma Members
WandererTJ
TheBradinator
Ravarkian

Texas Members

New Mexico Members

Arizona Members

Members in Nearby/Neighboring States
Regiments for the 405th are currently undergoing construction, if you are from Kansas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Colorado, or Missouri, your input is definitely requested.
What Regiment would you associate yourself with the most? What convention(s) are you going to be most willing to travel to?
For your reference, here is the thread with an unofficial map of the 405th Regiments: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/42646-Unofficial-US-Regiments-are-shaping-up-quickly
Also, in that same thread, this post (#23) marks the 405th map with bubbles of where the major conventions are.​

Southwest Conventions
RTX: Austin, Texas -- Date: July 4th-6th 2014 -- Type: Gaming -- Attendance: ≈30,000
A-kon: Dallas, Texas -- Date: June 5th-7th 2015 -- Type: Anime -- Attendance: ≈26,377
AnimeFest: Dallas, Texas -- Date: Sept 4th-7th 2014 -- Type: Anime -- Attendance: ≈10,297
Izumicon: OKC, Oklahoma -- Date: Oct 31st - Nov 2nd 2014 -- Type: Anime -- Attendance: ≈2800

Using the Member Map, I have found the following members and I would like to hear back from all of you

@Walter "Spase" - I'm going to be looking at you for Texas; do you think you could get all of those you know in the Central Texas Facebook group to speak up? Also, would you be willing to serve as the primary contact for the state of Texas?

Oklahoma Spartans MIA:
docbytes, papamurf812, tmccarty23

Texas Spartans MIA:
dishabille, Jacob, DR4296, sirfroget, NuggetWarmer, JEDI THERON, Sigma-LS, Vader, Ronster, Deveralia, ltmcmuffin, WSYDGladKumar, Trooper114

New Mexico Spartans MIA:
@mOWWck

Arizona Spartans MIA:
LMNOspartan, Joshua Morrison, hillhopper, Shade88

Members in Nearby/Neighboring States
Louisiana: TD????
Arkansas: skope, Maverick-17, Dark Rogue
Kansas: Tafoya007, Camaro91, Propcustomz
Missouri: zombiegrimm, Thundertotum, Rid3r, Enrisan
Colorado: Bullseye, Fuffuloo, jlhR2

Not sure where the best place to start this thread was, feel free to move it to a better spot if you'd like Art Andrews
Please put it wherever you think it will most likely be seen.​

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've raised in terms of discussing the Southwest Regiment, the message I basically got from Art was to post a thread and see who replies.
So that's why I've gone ahead and started this.

Apparently if no one was going to step up and start a thread, then the Southwest Regiment wasn't ever going to happen.

Omg omg omg omg omg.

Southwesterners unite!!!

WandererTJ (Tanner) - Norman, OK
• No finished builds (yet), plans for completion set to be pre-RTX 2015 or pre-Halo 5 release (whichever comes first)
I am working on a Halo Reach MP Spartan Build and planning on adding Custom components to it, so it won't be 100% game accurate.
• All conventions I know of I already added to the list.
• I'm willing to go to RTX and A-Kon. For Dragoncon and anything in California I would prefer to go with a group.
• I've already marked myself on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back