Help! I'm new and very interested in building my own Halo character!

Status
Not open for further replies.
(UPDATE) I've got the undersuit!
imagejpeg

Yeah the only thing is (I don't know why) i always think foam bud are flimsy! Again I don't know why!

Foam builds, if you use flimsy foam such as very thin foam, or spongy foam, can be well flimsy. If you do not put a hard resin layer on them they literally feel softer due to the foam absorbing pressure instead of resiting it. Now if you resin it, or put a coat of say smooth-on on it, then it feels more like plastic, or bondo worked armor.

I would also recommend a Halo 3 Marine Pilot build. Me and my buddy built it and it was easy enough for a first build.

Are you looking for templates or help with actual foam armour?
For my Marine Pilot build, my buddy and I used the pepakura technique.

If you're looking for templates, You could just use pepakura print outs and transfer the pattern onto the foam, cut it out with an exacto knife and hot glue it together.

For my Marine Pilot build, my buddy and I used the pepakura technique
If you're looking for templates, You could just use pepakura print outs and transfer the pattern onto the foam, cut it out with an exacto knife and hot glue it together.

Alrighty well done I'm looking for both, when you say the pepakura techniques and print outs do you mean the ones in the 405th archives? Those files? Plus thanks for helping me with this, it also helps that you built the same thing!

For my Marine Pilot build, my buddy and I used the pepakura technique.

Alrighty well I'm looking for both, when you say the pepakura technique and print outs do you mean the 405th archive files? And thanks heaps for helping me with this, it helps even more due to the fact that you have already done this yourself! :)

I made my marine armour by printing the pepakura files, cutting, folding and gluing them together. Then coating them with Fiberglass Resin, Fiberglassed the inside and bondo'd the outside. It's a completely different technique than making foam armour.

People made foam friendly files where they eliminate some template pieces and make it easier to transfer those paper pieces onto a sheet of foam. I'm not the best at explaining but there is tons of information on this website.

It's no problem! I'm happy to help!

I made my marine armour by printing the pepakura files, cutting, folding and gluing them together. Then coating them with Fiberglass Resin, Fiberglassed the inside and bondo'd the outside. It's a completely different technique than making foam armour.

People made foam friendly files where they eliminate some template pieces and make it easier to transfer those paper pieces onto a sheet of foam. I'm not the best at explaining but there is tons of information on this website.

It's no problem! I'm happy to help!
Hmmm well I think I'll go your way because you've done it this way, you know it works, tips and other stuff...I'm so glad there is another who did this because Carpathia said not many people did this! When you said "fiberglassed the inside" where do you mean? Inside the helmet or fiberglassed then bondo'd on top?
wait you are talking about making this with foam right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back