Halo Reach Assault rifle build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraser

Jr Member
hey everyone, so here it is, the thread for the prop kit i had to battle for.

after three days of sanding out seams, andpiecing the whole thing together this is what it looks like so far:

2011-12-30135928.jpg

2011-12-30135954.jpg

2011-12-30135936.jpg

[
2011-12-30140010.jpg

the rifle is made of fibreglass and i'm guessing smooth cast 320...

i will have more updates soon :)

yes! there are heaps of large air bubbles in the fibreglass resin, and quite a few chips that need to bee filled. sanding out the seam is the hardest part.

however so far it has been a fun kit to put together!

yes! there are heaps of large air bubbles in the fibreglass resin, and quite a few chips that need to bee filled. sanding out the seam is the hardest part.

however so far it has been a fun kit to put together!
air bubbles in the resin and chips that need to be filled, and sanding out the seam is better than not being able to do that at all... ;p glad you got your gun dude!

For 600+ USD, I'd have fought as hard as you did too.

It look like it comes with some cool features and the details are awesome. Two weeks of full time work for that money, probably several months of labor to do it yourself instead, the price seems justified. I saw this on ebay, but my student needs don't really allow for that kind of spare cash, jealousy abound!

Can't wait to see it painted.

Cool to see this in your hands fella, well worth the effort.

All the prep time is worth it, the devils in the detail ;)

Looking forward to a few completed pics, what colour scheme are you going with?

For 600+ USD, I'd have fought as hard as you did too.

It look like it comes with some cool features and the details are awesome. Two weeks of full time work for that money, probably several months of labor to do it yourself instead, the price seems justified. I saw this on ebay, but my student needs don't really allow for that kind of spare cash, jealousy abound!

Can't wait to see it painted.

i actually picked mine up for $300 USD plus $100 for postage, before the price rise. i Still had to save up for the purchase. No regrets :)

Fraser.

Cool to see this in your hands fella, well worth the effort.

All the prep time is worth it, the devils in the detail ;)

Looking forward to a few completed pics, what colour scheme are you going with?

Thanks Active, i have no idea for the paint job, i want to paint it as it is in the game, but i may have to surrender it to the police, i'm thinking gold, but that will not fit with my costume... i don't know what to do.

any tips/tricks will be appreciated.

and if anyone is wondering (And didn't see the trouble i had on my ODST build thread with customs and getting this rifle), i'm from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, anything that looks like a firearm is illegal with few exceptions.

now that I can see what it looks like as a kit, I've decided that I shall get one....when I have money. Looks great, keep it up

Man thats pretty sweet. I'd buy the kit, but I just want the grey parts, and those aren't worth 500 bucks...

and if anyone is wondering (And didn't see the trouble i had on my ODST build thread with customs and getting this rifle), i'm from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, anything that looks like a firearm is illegal with few exceptions.

How far from firearm does it need to look? Here in the US it only needs an orange barrel tip to be considered a toy. If you could get away with it, you could paint the real colors, and then lay green tape over it (tape camo is a thing!) But as much trouble as they gave you for translucent orange-brown and a little gray, it must be pretty strict.

Good luck, and hope you can figure out something cool!

How far from firearm does it need to look? Here in the US it only needs an orange barrel tip to be considered a toy. If you could get away with it, you could paint the real colors, and then lay green tape over it (tape camo is a thing!) But as much trouble as they gave you for translucent orange-brown and a little gray, it must be pretty strict.

Good luck, and hope you can figure out something cool!

Victorian laws are completely different to American laws, especially firearm laws. thanks though. i have decided to paint it silver, i will only take this out in public while wearing my costume, i'm going to take my chances, i have done work experience with police for school for a week, every police officer i have met in Melbourne has been really nice, they are people just like us and understanding just like us. It's customs that are annoying.

here are the pictures of todays work:

2011-12-31140402.jpg

2011-12-31222328.jpg

You cannot see the seam down the top :D took a lot of sanding, however it looks perfect (in my opinion :)

2011-12-31222519.jpg

2011-12-31222551.jpg

@Deadpool5, fiberglass shells and i'm guessing "Smoothon" material for the little pieces.

Thanks, Fraser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back