opinion and experience with the online store "the halo armoury"

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusinsx

So I was in the market for a Ma5c assault rifle. With some googling and not knowing of etsy I came across the online store the halo armoury. He had a good range of weapons for sale and claimed to be s member of the 405th. I decided to purchase one of his assault riffles with the expected build time of 2-4 weeks. With minimal contact from him it managed to take just over 5 weeks and when the riffle turned up I was so disappointed..

The reason for this post is to get others opinions on the rifle, Iv shown to many like minded people here in Australia and their opinion is the same as mine. The pain job, in my opinion is terrible.. I understand that there is meant to be some weathering but to me it just seems that they have been lazy and gone way too far wit it. The whole front end of the riffle is black where it hasn't even been painted...
One thing that also bothers me is there is still moulding marks where the prep work hasn't been finished well, there are bolts and screws that I think look hideous. Now the costs involved, with paying extra to have the riffle assembled and then extra to have it painted it came to $570aud. Now for this price I was expecting a quality product not a half assed effort like this. I know it's meant to be a prop but it's not even straight.
If I could get other 405th members opinions on this riffle, would you buy one? What would your reaction be? Also shown below is the image he uses on his website.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I was going to say the weathering looks kinda okay, but then I saw the stock, and the scraped paint effect and yeah I find it overdone. I agree it looks lazily painted for the price you put in it, but it's nothing totally ruining the prop, you could repaint it with more subtle weathering I guess..
it's up to you. to me you got a base.

Well, we already discussed this via PM to some degree, but since you've decided to go public with the issue, I'll re-iterate:

Firstly, I wouldn't trust any retailer who depends primarily upon stock renders of a product in order to make a sale, rather than detailed images of his products. Secondly, with how long it's taken you to receive your product, combined with the poor workmanship that's gone into it - perhaps you might want to contest a refund of the extras you paid for the painting and assembly. Take it up with the retailer, try to reach an amicable solution. As for the issues: they're solvable through a little diligent work. Some fine-grade sandpaper on the flashing is generally expected from a raw cast, though certainly not agreeable for a product purchased under the expectation of 'finished-grade'. You'll be able to clean most of the work up, though I'm afraid to say that the warping along the top of your prop isn't so easily fixed.

I'd hesitate to place a 'Buyer Beware' alert for this retailer, but the fact that he's selling poor-grade props in the 405th's name, despite not having an active account here on the forums, is somewhat concerning. In the end, the buyer purchases at their own discretion, and it's unfortunate that you've been stung.

I might suggest looking out for one of Branfuhr Studios/Stony Props' Halo 3 MA5C kits, if they're still available - contact JUSTINIAN 117 for more. Otherwise, Tactonyx may have some Halo 4 MA5D rifles for sale, if you can convince him to ship outside of the United States.

Again, it's a shame you've received such a poor-quality prop for your money, and I hope that a little work can at least bring it up to scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv contacted the seller for a refund on the painting. I am not hopful for a response. I am going to be putting in some fair amount of time to Bring it up to a better standard. unfortunatly I struggled to find a riffle in Australia and thought this to be the best option. As you can see I was wrong and gas cost me a lot of money not to mention the extra funds I'll have to put into the rifle myself.
Another reason for this post is to find out if any other members have purchased products from this site as he claims to have had other 405th members purchase his products.
If any other members chose to buy his products please refer to the above pictures to decide if it's up to your standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back