Childs Play Charity Helmet By BLACKULA727

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKULA727

cp_nodate.gif

Good Afternoon everyone, I wanted to share with you a special project I was working on at the end of last month.

I contacted Laird Maclean about donated a completed helmet for the online Auction that he puts together. With that said, here is what I came up with.

Video (Please forgive my low budget video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tonF19Z8UWM

Build Pictures:

Castings

IMG_20110729_205939.jpg

IMG_20110808_183056.jpg

Prep & Paint

IMG_20110809_220132.jpg

IMG_20110813_155720.jpg

Stuff going into it

IMG_20110811_083013.jpg

Final

IMG_20110813_222728.jpg

IMG_20110815_152110.jpg

IMG_20110815_210615.jpg

IMG_20110824_201852.jpg

IMG_20110824_201859.jpg

IMG_20110901_184604.jpg

I want to give special thanks to everyone who helped me accomplish this.

3D Modeler & Reference Pictures
RUZE789

LEDs & wiring Instruction:
Thatdecade (He also donated the LEDS & Parts needed to complete this, Thanks again my man)
http://www.westaby.net/

Molding & Casting Help:
ITHICA
Ben Streeper
Brandon McClain

Other:
405th forum for all that I’ve learned and all the constructive criticism that went into creating the initial model. Without this community I would not have been able to achieve the end result.

Additional info:
Childs Play Charity

Currently, the helmet is on its way to Laird Maclean and should arrive soon. Hopefully with no issues.

Thanks for viewing & thanks for being an awesome community that I am proud to say I belong to.

-Tony

That is so amazing Tony. And for such a wonderful cause. I really hope the charity is successful in their fundraising.

Question, where did you get the helmet inserts? Are they something you can get often?

Again, beautiful work on the helmet.

That is so amazing Tony. And for such a wonderful cause. I really hope the charity is successful in their fundraising.

Question, where did you get the helmet inserts? Are they something you can get often?

Again, beautiful work on the helmet.

Thank you! I ordered a standard XL motorcycle liner for the helmet. This one is by HJC (Helmet liner + Cheek pads).

Thanks again my man.

-Tony

I stalked this, I mean I followed this on Facebook and I'm totally impressed. I have one question what are you using for a helmet liner in the top of the helmet?

I stalked this, I mean I followed this on Facebook and I'm totally impressed. I have one question what are you using for a helmet liner in the top of the helmet?

I went with the following, maybe not from these sellers, but basically, this is what I bought from Amazon:

HJC Liner

&

Cheek Pads

Thanks for e-stalking, I mean viewing...lol :)
-Tony

Tony, this truly is something special. Though I have never met you in person, I am still proud to call you my friend. This is the kind of stuff the 405th is made of. Period!

Tony, this truly is something special. Though I have never met you in person, I am still proud to call you my friend. This is the kind of stuff the 405th is made of. Period!

Thank you Vshore! I appreciate it, I definitely feel the same. Be good!

Very very nice! you definitely nailed the paint, and alot more details other than that too! :D this is for sure an amazing helmet!

It looks awesome, just for reference my name is pronounced like saying "layered".:) Also the helmet is only half completed. What does that mean? Well there are still surprises left in store for this helmet and the 405th unitity project helmet. Will keep you guys updated as the date counts down to the launch.

this looks so delicious! incredible job good sir! but you should of stuck a pic of the child's play controller on the thread!

So weird... just before I read this post I was thinking the EXACT SAME THOUGHT!! Almost verbatim! Seriously, Blackula, this makes my heart happy.

Awesome man! Great cause too!

Thanks Jbetts, I appreciate the comment. Just trying to give back a little.

Very very nice! you definitely nailed the paint, and alot more details other than that too! :D this is for sure an amazing helmet!

Thanks Turbo! I try..lol

It looks awesome, just for reference my name is pronounced like saying "layered".:) Also the helmet is only half completed. What does that mean? Well there are still surprises left in store for this helmet and the 405th unitity project helmet. Will keep you guys updated as the date counts down to the launch.

Oops! my bad, I'll get it right next time! I can't wait for the surprise, tell me now!!! J/K, I can wait. Looking forward to it.

This is for such a great cause :)

Thanks man, I definitely like to do things like this, ver rewarding.

this looks so delicious! incredible job good sir! but you should of stuck a pic of the child's play controller on the thread!

Woah, My bad bro ham, check out the updated post!! Anyways, you're right, definitely should have put that there...lol. Thanks for viewing and thanks for the great comments my man!

So weird... just before I read this post I was thinking the EXACT SAME THOUGHT!! Almost verbatim! Seriously, Blackula, this makes my heart happy.

Lol, thank you ShadoKat! I don't know if you are familiar with a show on Nick Jr. called Ni Hao Kai Lan, but one of the character's sayings is "This makes my heart feel super happy" lol, thats what I heard when I read your comment. BTW, my kids watch it, not me..lol. Anyways, I appreciate the comments.

Good work Tony, I love the way it all turned out.

Well, I really appreciate people like yourself. You gave without any question and you really didn't know me other than from the forums, I appreciate the trust. I also appreciate that as a community, we are willing to pull together to help one another achieve something like this.

Thanks again everyone, for viewing this Thread!

Keep building 405thers!

-Tony

I said it in your elite thread, and I'll say it here...I love your paint work, and the helmet is gorgeous. You are truly a talented artist.

you did a fantastic job on your helmet! who am i kidding, you always do for all your projects ^_^ and it's great that it's going to a cause like this :)

I said it in your elite thread, and I'll say it here...I love your paint work, and the helmet is gorgeous. You are truly a talented artist.

Thanks a lot Liq! I appreciate it and it means a lot coming from you. I can't wait to see what you come out with next my man!

Thats a great helmet man, And its for a great cause hope they love it!

Thanks man, hopefully it helps out the cause.

you did a fantastic job on your helmet! who am i kidding, you always do for all your projects ^_^ and it's great that it's going to a cause like this :)

Thanks man, I appreciate that the community likes it and hopefully this will inspire more to do the same.

Truthfully I was inspired by the veterans, I remember seeing Sean Bradley's and thinking I would like to do that to one day. That's why I put the child's play logo on the same cheek as Sean's ODST. Basicly, To pay homage to that build.

Thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back