Model portfolio (Satchmo III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love seeing the fine work created here. I am very much in love with the elite files. And not because I'm building an elite either. I managed to build the hand pieces for the elite ranger, and they turned out nice. Haven't resined them yet. I was wondering if you were planning on making any other helmets of the elite's from Halo: Reach?

Amazing job though. Can't wait to see what else you can create. :)

ADD UPDATE...

A slice of pie. A sliced concussion rifle has been added to the beginning of the thread.

I would LOVE a sectioned model of the Concussion Rifle and Focus Rifle!

See above.

With your permission I would have a go at sectioning the Concussion Rifle. Chopping it into parts is relatively easy. Finding a way of allowing the parts to move is harder, but I think I have an idea for that.

For some reason I read this as an offer to slice either the concussion rifle or the focus rifle (I think because ACDCrockr209 mentions both rifles in the post prior to yours). Thank you very much for the offer for the concussion rifle, I was too deep into slicing it myself before realizing my reading error so I couldn't stop. If you have any interest in slicing the focus rifle please send me a PM to discuss, I would enjoy the opportunity to exchange techniques/ideas.

I love seeing the fine work created here. I am very much in love with the elite files. And not because I'm building an elite either. I managed to build the hand pieces for the elite ranger, and they turned out nice. Haven't resined them yet. I was wondering if you were planning on making any other helmets of the elite's from Halo: Reach?

Amazing job though. Can't wait to see what else you can create. :)

Thanks, zombiegrimm! Your Elite build is stellar. I look forward to seeing how you tackle the structure and finishing of the beast and want to see what you do with the completed project. While I'd like to put out more of the Reach helmets I cannot say they are near the top of my docket currently. Have you set on the Arbiter for your creation or are you considering alternatives? Good luck with your project!

ADD UPDATE...

A slice of pie. A sliced concussion rifle has been added to the beginning of the thread.

See above.

For some reason I read this as an offer to slice either the concussion rifle or the focus rifle (I think because ACDCrockr209 mentions both rifles in the post prior to yours). Thank you very much for the offer for the concussion rifle, I was too deep into slicing it myself before realizing my reading error so I couldn't stop. If you have any interest in slicing the focus rifle please send me a PM to discuss, I would enjoy the opportunity to exchange techniques/ideas.

Thanks, zombiegrimm! Your Elite build is stellar. I look forward to seeing how you tackle the structure and finishing of the beast and want to see what you do with the completed project. While I'd like to put out more of the Reach helmets I cannot say they are near the top of my docket currently. Have you set on the Arbiter for your creation or are you considering alternatives? Good luck with your project!

I'm a little set about doing the arbiter. But I might be considering alternatives as well.

However, I tried building hand pieces for the Elite ranger, and I will finish the whole set after i finish the elite. I was just curious as I enjoy the work you put into making the elite armor very easy to work with. You do amazing work.

ADD UPDATE...

I feel somewhat silly as no one really requested a sliced version of this. I read sliced instead of sectioned (AshaZev pointed this out to me). Either way, it's good to know one's capabilities (as far as being able to produce a sliced model) and if nothing else there's another option for builders. Huzzah!

I feel somewhat silly as no one really requested a sliced version of this. I read sliced instead of sectioned (AshaZev pointed this out to me). Either way, it's good to know one's capabilities (as far as being able to produce a sliced model) and if nothing else there's another option for builders. Huzzah!
I'm actually fond of the sliced models. I wish there were more of them. Simply because you don't need to worry about winding up with a prop weapon that is hollow on the inside and have to figure out how to harden it without ruining it! XD Although I personally think that using a rondo mixture and then slush casting the inside of a weapon is the best way to harden it. :p

Satchmo, for a new build of mine, I wished to create a needler using your file as a base. While working with the original file, I discovered it was much too small. After going in-game and using proportions to determine the actual life size of the needler to be 68.2 cm, I decided that life size was slightly too large. Therefore, given a spartan was 6 and a half feet tall, I scaled the needler to be proportionate to a 6 foot man. With a final measurement of 62.9 I re-scaled the file, redid the unfold and am undergoing the construction process, this time being much more satisfied with the new size. For the benefit of the forums, and possibly for your own interest, here is that file. Needler Life Sized
-Andrew out

ADD UPDATE...

Reach commando helmet (sourced from concept artwork) has been added to the beginning of the thread.

I'm actually fond of the sliced models. I wish there were more of them. Simply because you don't need to worry about winding up with a prop weapon that is hollow on the inside and have to figure out how to harden it without ruining it! XD Although I personally think that using a rondo mixture and then slush casting the inside of a weapon is the best way to harden it. :p

I have yet to build a sliced model but I do like the slush-cast method of hardening a pepakura build (though one must be careful not warp the paper before or during the slushing).

Satchmo III, you are the awesomest person on earth right now!

Agreed. Just kidding...you're going to give me a Madonna-complex.

Dude. YES!!!

Thank you sooo much!!!

You're welcome, sir.

So, FRG next?
Amazing work on the Plasma Repeater, Satchmo!

Thanks, koshima07...there are a number of in-game reference images sitting on my file-share right now (I think these will be the last images that will be on my file-share since Bungie stopped managing it). Unfortunately I haven't begun to plot out any verticies yet...I'd like to see one built though...maybe you should give this one a shot (I could relay the references to you...let me know).

you are a Beast

Thanks, brutha.

Hey Satchmo! Havent heard from ya in a while! How is your build coming?

Still in flux.

Satchmo, for a new build of mine, I wished to create a needler using your file as a base...I scaled the needler...redid the unfold and am undergoing the construction process...

I hope you're make good headway on your build.

ADD UPDATE...

Come 4th my son. Halo 4 Spartan IV helmet has been added to the beginning of the thread. Much thanks to harnor for allowing me to work with his original model and share it here.

Halo 4 Spartan IV helmet and Reach commando helmet concept came out great thanks for the files satchmo keep it up

ADD UPDATE...

Conceptualize. Reach concept helmet #2 added to the beginning of the thread.

I'm asking the community to provide an unfold for this one. If you'd like to participate please send me a PM or post with a link to your unfold. If more than one unfold is provided I'll either select the best one or put links to them all at the beginning of the thread (I will upload the file to my file share to maintain it in the thread). I hope to see someone take up the charge. Thanks four-o-five.

Halo 4 Spartan IV helmet and Reach commando helmet concept came out great thanks for the files satchmo keep it up

Thanks, tumbucu. I hope to see people be able to utilize them.

UNFOLD UPDATE...

Tit for tat. Thank you to harnor for unfolding the concept #2 helmet. The link to the unfold is now included at the beginning of the thread.

My unfold of the lid should be up later on today, buddy. :)

If you'd still like to send something in, please do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back